Thinking of moving to Portland

I found an apartment in Portland, I'm sure you are all happy for me. :)

It's on Washington Ave, almost on the hill, near where the new east end school is located. It's just me and $595 a month. It's a big studio with separate kitchen and bath and includes heat and parking. I found it on craigslist. Dec. 1st is the move in day. I am nervous but excited. It isn't my dream apartment or my favourite location, but there is some nice stuff up that way.

I live in Portland now, in a single-family with a couple students and cats a few blocks from USM. Thank you all for your invaluable guidance, especially in steering me away from the crack zone.

"It's on Washington Ave, almost on the hill, near where the new east end school is located."

RIP Corey. It was fun having you on as a member. I just drove by your place ten minutes ago I guess. Are you near the AMVets pub and the t-shirt making place?

TheBostonian, was it one of the places on Craiglists that I posted? I just drove by your street too, as I had to get gas at that Mobil on Forest Ave. Small town.

Oh, and you've probably been to The Great Lost Bear by now. Please avoid the food and only drink when you are there.

"It's on Washington Ave, almost on the hill, near where the new east end school is located."

RIP Corey. It was fun having you on as a member. I just drove by your place ten minutes ago I guess. Are you near the AMVets pub and the t-shirt making place?

Haha. I'm still alive. Yep, same side of the road as the amvets and the bustling t-shirt factory. I'm on the second floor so I don't have to worry about too many break-in's unless they bring ladders. :p It feels like a pretty safe area to me, haven't had any problems yet. There are some houses in the area that have had a lot of work done over the last few years. One of the neatest houses in Portland is at the bottom of Walnut St. They even have a BMW that they park on the street.

And welcome to town TheBostonian!

Where is everyone else? Patrick, portlandneedsanewarea, mbrown?

TheBostonian, was it one of the places on Craiglists that I posted? I just drove by your street too, as I had to get gas at that Mobil on Forest Ave. Small town.

Oh, and you've probably been to The Great Lost Bear by now. Please avoid the food and only drink when you are there.

It wasn't one of those. It is off of Brighton Ave., close to the 7-11. Haven't been to the Great Lost Bear.

That's a nice little area. My landlord owns and has offices (he might live there too, his wife is a real estate agent btw) in the big red building on Brighton almost at the top of the hill by the hospital, on the corner of Edwards St.

Back