Third Square | 303 Third Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

^^^^

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't get it. What building are you referring to on the 2nd page? The renderings of this building are on the 1st page. Looks like a shorter version of Trilogy which turned out to be a pretty nice building.

atlantaden said:
^^^^

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I don't get it. What building are you referring to on the 2nd page? The renderings of this building are on the 1st page. Looks like a shorter version of Trilogy which turned out to be a pretty nice building.

This building reminds me a lot of MIT's Sidney & Pacific graduate housing, which looks pretty nice.

What do you mean this building is terribly ugly? Is it spectacular and revolutionary? No. But, based on the renderings, the building isn't made out of precast (thank god!!!) and overall it is actually a pretty nice looking one. I am very interested in seeing how this turns out.

The steel is going up fast.

P1020054-1.jpg

Looking down Munroe St. you can see the bayed facade taking shape.

munroemn3.jpg

303Kendall2.jpg

img0199yp5.jpg

img0204yp9.jpg

img0205pu5.jpg

img0206wb1.jpg

img0209ki2.jpg

some of you might recall this site, just north of Genzyme's Cambridge HQ -- half a year ago we were joking about it being a mosquito breeding ground and how NIMBYs will soon be demanding it get wetlands protection. Thankfully that won't be the case:

img0197be6.jpg

img0195db0.jpg

Re: 303 Third St (Kendall Square)

Hmm.. where have people been posting their photos for this project? I know we've had a bunch of updates since September...

img4719rw8.jpg

img4722py5.jpg

img4723th5.jpg

img4724ej0.jpg

img4725os9.jpg

img4726je5.jpg

img4727ed8.jpg

img4728gs1.jpg

People have been posting in the Cambridge Developments thread.

Question: What's with the "front yard" shown in the first picture? Whose land is it? It's starting to bother me!

I think there's a street between that "front yard" and the building. It's probably just unbuilt-upon vacant land right now.

I think there's a street between that "front yard" and the building. It's probably just unbuilt-upon vacant land right now.

Yes, and then the open space is part of the Volpe transportation building complex (i.e. the worst offender in Kendall Square).

^^The last pic looks like a real urban block, built from scratch. It would be perfect if they put some ground floor retail there, but it doesn't look like that. So form over function, well at least it looks great for Boston.

This is really going to add to the skyline!!! this and hopefully the SST and Winthrop SQ should be AMAZING! You might be able to see it from NH!

I'm really liking this project. It will probably have a greater positive impact on its surrounding area than any other project going up right now.

Thanks for the updates, kz.

Im not sure about overall impact, but its definately a good step....

Somebody should change the name of this thread - the name of the property is "Third Square Apartments" (if this is the one owned by Equity)

These apartments are indeed now called the Third Square.

P1040231.jpg

P1040220.jpg

P1040228.jpg

P1040229.jpg

P1040230.jpg

P1040235.jpg

P1040236.jpg

Inner court is underwhelming.

P1040232.jpg

P1040233.jpg

P1040234.jpg

It looks like a materials library exploded. It's not bad though, a lot better than some under designed box.

Back