Union Square D2.1 | 10 Prospect Street | Somerville

Like I said, best looking mech penthouse around (or maybe it’s the least worst).

1D98B741-D9D7-41CD-9A89-2D1383B3A94B.jpeg
18CA428A-9FAC-4DB6-985C-9243EF1564CB.jpeg
57655BCE-D529-4184-938B-E72CC5DDECAC.jpeg
85989BAC-784D-4DF9-95CC-13296B7E1D5E.jpeg
54715134-8064-415E-A27F-816C9527FA75.jpeg

Last edited:
View from Twin City Plaza. ALSO some very Hitchcock birds invading the parking lot. What’s with people feeding these things around town? Very unnecessary mess and nuisance.

You ain't kidding. I never ran into that issue in Cambridge, Dorchester, Allston, Arlington -- for some reason Somerville is lousy with folks who see no downside in feeding pigeons!

yea, happens where washington st passes under McGrath. They even put a sign up to deter it.
Saw a crazy old lady doing it, asked her not to.
Kept happening and one day I saw a car in the bus slip way with a guy throwing bags of bread crumbs out the window! A drive by bird feeding??? Why?
About the only upside of the ongoing work on McGrath is the pigeon feeding area is now a equipment staging area!

The Retail 5 slot would be nice for Reliable Market, since their location is slated for redevelopment later.

That's news to me. The bank next door and parking lot behind Reliable are slated for redevelopment, but Reliable itself is notably absent from redevelopment parcels (Reliable is the property notched out from D7 in the bottom left):

1673744485762.png

You ain't kidding. I never ran into that issue in Cambridge, Dorchester, Allston, Arlington -- for some reason Somerville is lousy with folks who see no downside in feeding pigeons!

Somerville's also fighting a rat problem. Based on the local facebook group posts, it seems substantial, though I have yet to see an infestation as some are describing. The city put out poison traps this summer and there were almost immediate protests/outrage/petitions to have the city remove them shortly after. Cambridge on the other hand has very clear signs near parks that specifically say "DO NOT FEED BIRDS. IT ATTRACTS RATS." Seems to work fine (except for Central).

Somerville's also fighting a rat problem. Based on the local facebook group posts, it seems substantial, though I have yet to see an infestation as some are describing.

Woe to any who wanders through a residential neighborhood the night before trash pickup. I often walk late, and see them darting around everywhere after about 9 pm. There was a funny scene where a terrified one ran in front of me and tried to leap over a wall but could only get about 2/3 of the way up. It jumped up and down frantically half a dozen times before peeling off in another direction. Rats are so prevalent across the metro now that I even had one run directly into the side of my foot in Coolidge Corner a couple months ago!

Back