Using attachments to post pictures

GW

Reaction score
Hello Mods or Knowledgeable Forumers,

I've searched the FAQ far and wide, and can't find out how (or when) I can upload attachments so I can post pictures. Can anyone tell me?

Does this have anything to do with the seniority system (Junior Member, etc), and is there a place where I can find an explanation of that, too?

Many thanks folks, and sorry if I missed an answer somewhere.

Don't use the vB attachments. It's messy and eats up server space.

Upload your pix to a photobucket account or use tinypic.com or imageshack.us to upload the photo(s) and then copy and paste the direct link URLs in between [img]URL goes here[/img] tags in your post. One set of [img][/img] tags is required per image.

Does this have anything to do with the seniority system (Junior Member, etc), and is there a place where I can find an explanation of that, too?

I think the cutoff is 100 posts. Once you cross the threshold you move from Jr to Sr Member.

Kind of related but how does one post pics from an Android phone(Galaxy 3S if that matters)? I realize I can upload it to photobucket and go that route, but is there any more direct option? Since I've canned the Blackberry and finally have a phone that takes halfway decent pictures, I've been paying a little more attention to what's going up in the realm of my daily travels.

Kind of related but how does one post pics from an Android phone(Galaxy 3S if that matters)? I realize I can upload it to photobucket and go that route, but is there any more direct option? Since I've canned the Blackberry and finally have a phone that takes halfway decent pictures, I've been paying a little more attention to what's going up in the realm of my daily travels.

There's really no easy way to post directly from your phone. I have all my phone pix automatically sync to my Google Drive and then I just download them to my harddrive and upload them via the computer.

IIRC, vBulletin 4.0 has better mobile integration. We are still with vB3.

There might be a Flickr app for uploading the occasional picture, but I'm not sure. Or maybe just use Instagram or something?

Back