View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

Fully agree with Equilibria, now is the time to see this before it gets too popular. Honestly, it was well worth the $35 ticket. The views are as good as I remember and the additional exhibits are nice as well. The roof deck portion is phenomenal. Clearly aimed more at tourists than native Bostonians but still a blast.

DSCN5093.JPG
DSCN5095.JPG
DSCN5108.JPG
DSCN5128.JPG

Jeez, I wasn't even looking for that one...
Is One Dalton there? It can so easily hide behind the Pru, even IRL, but every pic of this panorama is from the same angle of North End looking southwest, and you don't see it at all.

Is One Dalton there? It can so easily hide behind the Pru, even IRL, but every pic of this panorama is from the same angle of North End looking southwest, and you don't see it at all.
I'm going to assume it is if they even included "to be built" properties like 380 Stuart St. And your right... it's fascinating watching such a large building vanish when oriented to the NE (like inbound on the Tobin)

How much are the cocktails?
$10 Aperol spritz, $13 Negroni. Not bad and totally out of kilter with the wine which is (other than the Riesling) at least $13 a glass. There are a lot of first-week/month hiccups up here, BUT the viewing experience is FAR better than the old Skywalk. I do, however, miss the hack of heading to the TOTH bar which was both 1) higher up and 2) didn’t require admission$$$ to get up there:

How much are the cocktails?

I think that they will be priced higher than normal, say, like in a dive bar? You're probably gonna pay top dollar, since a ton of money has gone into the remodeling at the top of the tower. :eek:

$10 Aperol spritz, $13 Negroni. Not bad and totally out of kilter with the wine which is (other than the Riesling) at least $13 a glass. There are a lot of first-week/month hiccups up here, BUT the viewing experience is FAR better than the old Skywalk. I do, however, miss the hack of heading to the TOTH bar which was both 1) higher up and 2) didn’t require admission$$$ to get up there:

Those aren't terrible prices, particularly because the "anytime" passes come with a $12 voucher for either the bar or the gift shop (which is exactly the price of the 8-inch-tall chocolate Prudential Tower, as it happens).

Somewhere along the line, visitors might want to eat something or a meal. I think that's an option as well. Which all tolled, might end up costing just about what one would've paid if the TOTH was still there. :unsure:

Somewhere along the line, visitors might want to eat something or a meal. I think that's an option as well. Which all tolled, might end up costing just about what one would've paid if the TOTH was still there. :unsure:

"all tolled"- I like that! Quite punny!

IMG_7096.jpeg
IMG_7082.jpeg
IMG_7081.jpeg
IMG_7088.jpeg
IMG_7094.jpeg
IMG_7095.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg

I took my family visiting from Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Missouri here this past week. We had a great time and I thought the price was well worth it. Bonus for this Rhode Island cola that was really good and refreshing on a HOT day! I will absolutely be returning for a drink at the bar.

I still miss the 1775 City model and history overview from the John Hancock observatory, but the new city model and multimedia experience was nice. I wish it had narration, but I assume they are trying to keep it understandable for all tourists. I took a photo for a group from Croatia as an example, so this will be a good starting point for any international tourists! The Boston movie in the experience theater was pretty cool and well done too. Again, no narration but only music.

Last edited:
For people who have visited: how have the lines been? much of a wait?

Nope! (this was late June on a rainy day, though)
Appreciate it - trying to figure out if the upsells are worth it (have been hit or miss for me on one world trade, where sometimes the line is ridiculous and othertimes it's empty). Thinking the priority upsell probably isn't worth it.

do you not see the multiple pix of people eating or drinking on two flloors, both indoors and out? scroll up.

Back