View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

Those pictures are of the bar, the bistro is on the next floor down.

A friendly question; Where are pics of the bistro? :)
IMG_7102.jpeg

What do people think, did the developer mostly waste their money or do we expect this to start getting (regularly) crowded at some point?

I'd bet it catches on. They haven't really done a hulluva lot of PR outreach about it.
It's been popping up all over my Instagram feed. So there's definitely marketing already happening. Maybe some Groupon deals in the future to help drive more business.

I'd bet it catches on. They haven't really done a hulluva lot of PR outreach about it.

I see ads all over the city. But the ones I’ve seen are mostly generic with the logo on a blue background which I think means nothing to anyone who isn’t already familiar with the Pru and Observatory. They need better photos of the actual view and spaces incorporated into the campaign so people get what it’s about. The Instagram ads (I get a ton) are better, but still not great:

Critiques about the campaign aside, I agree it’ll eventually catch on.

What do people think, did the developer mostly waste their money or do we expect this to start getting (regularly) crowded at some point?

Well, you don't want it to be too crowded on the day that you plan to visit. Moderately, maybe. The kids would love it, I'm sure!! Shades of the new World Trade Center in New York City. And it is not open very late. Saturday afternoon trips would be great, especially for the kids. I plan to go up there, maybe on a Saturday, being that the last place that I visited was the JHC's obs deck in Chicago 2 years ago. But it should be a true breath-taking experience. I'll bring my camera, take some pics & post them here. Maybe I'll go the end of the month. :)

Last edited:
Saturday trips would be great, especially for the kids. I plan to go up there, maybe on a Saturday....

When I was going before it was on Sundays so I could find a free parking spot on Columbus. I'm thinking maybe I will go in October or November, once South Station Tower is much further along.

I suspect it will be a popular tourist stop and for anyone who is new in Boston. I think that the developers are banking on that revenue stream. I doubt the locals have much interest in spending $35 for a ticket.

Last edited:
I doubt the locals have much interest in spending $35 for a ticket.

Boggles my mind that they are not getting creative with admission and doing things like free/discounted admission if you spend a certain amount ($50? $100?) at the bar or restaurant. Maybe they one day will.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" title="Boston&#39;s 360 view from top of Prudential Center Skyline Observatory" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was on Youtube & found this vid of View Boston from the top of the Pru Tower. Gives a little bit of Boston's history & the founding fathers!! :)

Last edited:
Apparently starting this Friday (9/8) they're running something called "View Boston After Dark" with a $19.99 admission (and with a 10% college student discount):

Apparently starting this Friday (9/8) they're running something called "View Boston After Dark" with a $19.99 admission (and with a 10% college student discount):

Well, what about something for senior citizens? What's in it for us? Cheap fares, discounts on food & drink, what?!! :unsure:

Well, what about something for senior citizens? What's in it for us? Cheap fares, discounts on food & drink, what?!! :unsure:

Well it seems like they are listening to us on our humble forum here, given that @citydweller wrote this (emphasis mine):
I suspect it will be a popular tourist stop and for anyone who is new in Boston. I think that the developers are banking on that revenue stream. I doubt the locals have much interest in spending $35 for a ticket.

And then they literally wrote this on their just-launched website for these discounted hours:
...will offer locals a lively atmosphere featuring upbeat music, multiple bars with various beverage offerings, and more.

(I found it kind of funny that they specifically called out locals in this promo)

So maybe we'll see something about a Seniors discount next!

Back