View Boston (Observatory) | Prudential Tower | Back Bay

Some renderings of the finished product.
0CF87CF5-6C59-4238-ADCD-B1DE92E60650.jpeg
FC389E69-95C4-490C-B8B9-F525B132EEB7.jpeg

Great addition. Looking forward to seeing it from the Cambridge side. It would've been cool to have a sign on the south side too.

Some renderings of the finished product.
View attachment 44021View attachment 44022
In that second image, they literally used the precise photo I posted yesterday to show how the old JHT used to be uplit (post #636). The first image (while difficult to be certain b/c it would appear to show the building(s) at dusk) may also show some uplighting. Was this simply laziness and random chance in Photoshopping in the new signage onto the first usable exterior shots they dug up, or does this suggest a return to the uplighting of a decade-plus or so ago?

Also, interesting -- that second image (the one that I also posted yesterday, without the rendered new signage) is from the south side of the old JHT looking north, with the CBD to the "right" (east) and since I believe there's only the one sign -- the one previously at Fenway -- and that's already in place on the Charles River/north side of the building, I'm thinking it's (unfortunately) just as likely that the pictures were (rather sloppily) chosen at random, rather than a clue to the return of uplighting.

But I'll hold out hope for the return of the lighting!

One side-effect of this over time, I bet 200 Clarendon loses the "John Hancock Tower" moniker in the public parlance, and this building gets it back.

And even if it was put there, it would probably be so high up that people walking by the tower couldn't even see it!! And the JH signature used to be posted at Fenway Park, but it was removed for something else. Forgot what it was. :unsure:

Last edited:
And even if it was put there, it would probably be so high up thar people walking by the tower couldn't even see it!! And the JH signature used to be posted at Fenway Park, but it was removed for something else. Forgot what it was. :unsure:
MassMutual

Back