Waltham Infill and Small Developments

Its been a while since an update so here I go. One not many new pictures due to the cold and snow.

10 City Point: Steel is being erected and almost topped off on the first building.

Station Landing: Steel is being erected for the 1st Floor.

Must be well over 1000 hotel rooms at the Winter St / Wyman intersection already -- about 1/2 in the lower price range

Perhaps its time for the Westin to grab the ball and do an expansion to lock-in its place as the dominant venue in the suburbs -- it needs to expand its Ballroom / Exhibition space by about 50% [current full use capacity is for about 450 to 500 attendees] and add another tower with 150 or so rooms

Blue Heron Path progress:

DqWxARn.jpg

Work continues on the two sites on Third Ave.

Looks like the restaurants are approaching completion, they have started paving the lot.

kF1aKI0.jpg

Curbs going in.

wmudJON.jpg

The side facing 128.

czSWMlS.jpg

The larger site.

ERi7Gv3.jpg

Hard to see, but the building takes a turn and extends towards the hillside.

o5qig2T.jpg

The concrete forms have come down.

4PSDMda.jpg

Looks like a spacious lobby.

JmGPlBG.jpg

Packing up the concrete forms.

RK28m24.jpg

Loading the truck.

ysajYDi.jpg

Also, it appears an extension to 5th Ave has been graded towards the Market Basket site. (Sorry, didn't take a picture.)

Steel is going up on the first building closest to Third Avenue. Site work is still being done where the parking garage and 2nd office building will be located closest to the Hilton. I will try to take some photos of it soon when I have time. This is also called 10 City Point and is being done by Boston Properties.

That tower crane you see is for another office development at 130 & 180 Third Avenue. Those will be 4-story and 6-story office buildings. Both of those and the 99 Third Avenue building where a retail plaza will be located are all part of City Point and being built by Boston Properties.

Are there any renderings of 130 & 180 Third Ave? Boston Properties website only has reference to 99 Third Ave.

Perhaps 5th Ave Extended?

4cZy9OP.jpg

qXZ2JyD.jpg

Site for another building on 5th Ave?

NZrbfaq.jpg

Went to the Prospect Hill trails, found you could get right up against the site fence:

fosoBW1.jpg

dGtsW41.jpg

Totten Pond Road building coming along:

HPF3uhg.jpg

7OOrhso.jpg

Garage entrance?

vdGSzQk.jpg

Shrubbery for the new restaurants on Third Ave:

ZPYDu2h.jpg

Steel is going up:

1FWBa2N.jpg

ZuwBFY5.jpg

FOr1Hve.jpg

OnmBSce.jpg

How long until the staging area is new construction...

yntHrjG.jpg

I feel bad for people who will work in these buildings. What an isolating, sad place.

Yes. This is the worst, most auto-centric part of Waltham. A very unwelcoming place to any people who aren't currently inhabiting a motor vehicle.

Back