West Roxbury Infill and Small Developments

Belgrade Crossing:
clipboard3.jpg

20120105135259890.jpg

1/4 mile away. Belgrade Place.
20120105135457341.jpg

Aforementioned multi-family dwellings. Bad pics, but you get the idea.

20120105134604842.jpg

20120105134610984.jpg

Eh, it's West Roxbury. Who cares? It might as well be Needham.

Born and bred in West Roxbury. Lived there until I just old enough to leave.

The first one is modular, and was literally just a foundation a week ago. The second is following more traditional methods, and actually is making decent progress. The more traditional one is actually country be pretty nice in my opinion.

Jamaica Plain developer has proposed a 17-unit condominium project at 1789 Centre St. in West Roxbury, the site of the former West Roxbury Motors site, according to documentation filed with the Boston Redevelopment Authority.

The developer and project manager is Gary Martell Real Estate Equity Consulting, with Brookline-based RF Schmidt Architect LLC serving as project architect. The site’s owner is Acre Development Corp. of Andover.

The 11,834-square-foot lot is bounded by Centre and Willow streets.

“Presently, the parcel containst the former used car business, known as West Roxbury Motors ... which is presently vacant, and considered an eyesore to the community,” the project development team wrote in a letter to the BRA. “Redevelopment of the site will enhance the street frontage of both Centre and Willow Streets, adding energy and vitality.”

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...-proposed-to-revamp-eyesore-site-in-west.html

Well Centre St is West Roxbury's main retail drag, so of course this will be filled with ground floor retail, right? Right?

1789centre_0.jpg

Oh.

To be fair, that could be retail on the ground floor, maybe.

Well Centre St is West Roxbury's main retail drag, so of course this will be filled with ground floor retail, right? Right?

1789centre_0.jpg

Oh.

To be fair, that could be retail on the ground floor, maybe.

I think i read on universalhub that it will have 1 space for GFR.

This was also proposed today for VFW Parkway.

2OPkW4Y.jpg

Mildly better than awful - looks like a lot of the newish Cambridge infill.

I'll spare everyone's eyes by not quoting the VFW rendering... I think that pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Allandale Residences Approved

An architecturally interesting residential project was just approved for Allandale Street at this month's BRA meeting. Here's a rendering:

undtRcJ.jpg

From the Developer Website:

What will be Boston's first Net Zero neighborhood and first LEED Platinum neighborhood—and New England’s first Fortified Construction residential project—is nestled on 2 acres with direct access to Allandale Woods.

Units will range in size from 1,600 to 2,800 square feet. These 2- and 3-bedroom, 2+ bath townhomes will have exquisite interior finishes and ample outdoor space.

From the Boston Redevlopment Authority:

Proposed 20 townhomes at 44,481 GSF in West Roxbury near the Jamaica Plain and Brookline borders. 40 parking spaces proposed.

The one recent project on Centre was a nice contribution to beginning a streetwall. I actually like the walls of "taxpayers" where they exist but there's plenty of gaps to fill in here and there. My guess, though, is it will have to wait until the next cycle.

Back