Westwood Station Developments

Agreed 150%. I worked down here from 2007-2010 when things were fast moving and then came to a halt. It was sad to see. The whole project was essentially ruined by all of the town hold-ups. Legacy Place was well-done. WW Station, not so much. Just a strip mall.

not sure if it's the regular del-frisco's or the grille concept...will try and find out more

Apparently this restaurant pad site is still TBD and more to come soon. Anyone else have any updates?

The next focus areas are to finish building the Not Your Average Joe's restaurant and then the Marriott hotel.

Apparently this restaurant pad site is still TBD and more to come soon. Anyone else have any updates?

The next focus areas are to finish building the Not Your Average Joe's restaurant and then the Marriott hotel.

I've heard the hotel is on hold for now. The developer who bought the land and got the Courtyard franchise was bought by Starwood Capital and Starwood is not focusing on development. So the project is in limbo

So apparently the Del Frisco's Grille is happening - construction will start as soon as the town signs off on an increased sq ft design on the pad site - at least that's what I've been told by a retail broker.

The hotel will now become an Extended Stay - I think that's a Marriott brand? Don't know much else.

The office building behind Wegman's - 101 Station Drive - is anchored by General Dynamics (big defense contractor) with their logo on the top towards 128 and PI (HR analytics firm). I've also heard that Children's Hospital (Partners) is taking space in the building and it will then be at virtually 100% occupancy. I know that National Development is the office developer whereas New England Development is handling retail.

Any other updates from those in the know?

Extended Stay America is not affiliated with Marriott. Did you mean to say it will become an extended stay brand affiliated with Marriott? If that's the case it would include one of Residence Inn or Townplace Suites flags although there is no way Marriott would approve a Residence Inn flag here given the supply they already have in the market.

sorry for the delay!

After all, it's still going to be a Courtyard by Marriott. There was a delay due to the hotel developer being acquired but that has been resolved. The plans have been approved by the town and now they are just waiting for the building permit to be issued. Construction is expected to start first or second week of June.

As for the restaurant, my source is still confident that it's going to be a "higher end steakhouse" and is 50-50 that it's Del Friscos. The developer (NE Development) said at a recent planning board meeting that they hope to officially reveal the name of the "user" very very soon.

One of the big anchor stores is Sports Authority - given their impending closure, I wonder what will fill their soon to be empty space. I doubt a Dicks Sporting Goods as there is one close by down on Rt 1 at the Dedham Mall by Legacy Place. It won't be a Trader Joe's like the Sports Authority in Sommerville, since this whole strip mall is anchored by Wegmans. They are also advertising 3 open retail spaces - I think for phase 2 of the project (located across from the Anthony's Pizza/Fidelity/Starbucks) where they plan to build more apartments and an office building or two.

sorry for the delay!

After all, it's still going to be a Courtyard by Marriott. There was a delay due to the hotel developer being acquired but that has been resolved. The plans have been approved by the town and now they are just waiting for the building permit to be issued. Construction is expected to start first or second week of June.

As for the restaurant, my source is still confident that it's going to be a "higher end steakhouse" and is 50-50 that it's Del Friscos. The developer (NE Development) said at a recent planning board meeting that they hope to officially reveal the name of the "user" very very soon.

One of the big anchor stores is Sports Authority - given their impending closure, I wonder what will fill their soon to be empty space. I doubt a Dicks Sporting Goods as there is one close by down on Rt 1 at the Dedham Mall by Legacy Place. It won't be a Trader Joe's like the Sports Authority in Sommerville, since this whole strip mall is anchored by Wegmans. They are also advertising 3 open retail spaces - I think for phase 2 of the project (located across from the Anthony's Pizza/Fidelity/Starbucks) where they plan to build more apartments and an office building or two.

This area could use a gas station and I am shocked there isn't a Dunkin Donuts here.

funny you should mention a Dunkin Donuts - I just saw a proposed lease plan online (thank you Google) and sure enough there is a Dunkies shown...there is also a few other quick service restaurants shown (buffalo wing place, pizza place, Mediterranean place)

This development is such a major fail. It could have been something special with the MBTA/Amtrak Station, 95/128 intersection and abundance of land.

Hopefully its the full Del Frisco's restaurant and not the Grille concept that has opened in Chestnut Hill and Burlington. The Del Frisco's Grilles are barely average and far from anything I would call a "higher end steakhouse."

Hopefully its the full Del Frisco's restaurant and not the Grille concept that has opened in Chestnut Hill and Burlington. The Del Frisco's Grilles are barely average and far from anything I would call a "higher end steakhouse."

Not a chance they put a Del Frisco's steakhouse here. I'd bet my life savings it's a Del Frisco's Grille.

For comparison purposes, in Chestnut Hill they put a Del Frisco's Grille in. Why would they put a full steakhouse in Westwood?!

This development is such a major fail. It could have been something special with the MBTA/Amtrak Station, 95/128 intersection and abundance of land.

Complete and utter disappointment. It had the potential to become a small town and now it's a 90s-era big box/strip mall.

I will say the Wegmans and the Target are great stores. But the density is way off. Legacy Place is 1000x better and opened years earlier. Westwood Station is barely walkable.

Complete and utter disappointment. It had the potential to become a small town and now it's a 90s-era big box/strip mall.

I will say the Wegmans and the Target are great stores. But the density is way off. Legacy Place is 1000x better and opened years earlier. Westwood Station is barely walkable.

CJBski -- Its still an enormous improvement over what once sprawled along and away from the tracks

For the most part these weren't even the 1960's / 70's typical Rt-128 industrial park buildigs -- just acres of 1 story warehiouses with very few people involved -- and the type of development increasingly being automated

yeah, it's definitely a Grille

How do I paste pictures in here? I have a few screenshots of the layout that I can share, if people are interested.

Also - NED has a history of developing these "malls" and then flipping them unlike some other local retail developers (e.g. WS Development) who actually hold onto their assets. So, I bet they will sell as soon as this thing is essentially built out - if and when that happens, perhaps a new owner will "modernize" the whole layout?

How do I paste pictures in here? I have a few screenshots of the layout that I can share, if people are interested.

Also - NED has a history of developing these "malls" and then flipping them unlike some other local retail developers (e.g. WS Development) who actually hold onto their assets. So, I bet they will sell as soon as this thing is essentially built out - if and when that happens, perhaps a new owner will "modernize" the whole layout?

Try to use imgur.com

has anyone else eaten at one of these Grilles? Laughable to call it a "luxury" steakhouse and odd to call it a steakhouse at all. It's Houston's/Hillstone quality and type food which is not necessarily a bad thing but not a steakhouse. Sure they have 3 or so cuts of meat but the other 90% of the menu is not steakhouse fare. Think eggrolls, tuna tacos, chicken wings, Guacamole, Pork Sliders, half dozen or more sandwiches etc.

Back