What are you listening to now?

Cool! I'm friends/ ex bandmates with one of the trumpet players. Yea I'm similar with musicians like Zappa. I think that mind and approach towards music makes for amazing solos, but the composition as a whole can some times be a bit too wacky, but again other times be amazing. Basically sometimes its too much brilliance for its own good and some times it's brilliant.

^ Pretty much. I did go through a heavy Zappa phase about 12 years ago and I could name a billion songs of his that I love and know inside out, but I rarely play him these days. Funny how that goes.

Lol That's been on my feed all night and Chris Hayes even just featured it on his Click 3 segment of All In.

I burst out laughing at the BOA ATM shot.

I do wish they had stayed with the dancy techno style of What Does the Fox Say. The ballad thing is, meh. - Also, watch their elevator prank videos. Most isn't in english but that barely detracts from the hilarity.

Honestly, I'm just happy they pronounced "Haverhill" correctly.
Edit: (Nope, they didn't, mea culpa below)

Totally agree about the potential for MA promos, though- it sells our state well. And I've already seen it relayed on the internet enough over the last few hours to be sure it'll be fairly popular.

Last edited:
Love it. Would love to know what Ylvis' connection to the state is. They clearly spent a lot of time here to make that video.

That's how I pronounce it too! My house is about twenty minutes from Haverhill. Perhaps I heard it wrong but I'm pretty sure they went about it the right way.

Listened again: I missed the second "h" in Haverhill, they totally messed up there.
My experience with others mangling the name comes from the last episode of The West Wing, where they describe an accident occurring on the Downeaster between Haverhill and Exeter. They pronounced it "Hah-ver-hill". I guess I was looking for that.

That used to piss me off about the west wing all the time, the president's supposed to be from manchester but can't pronounce any of the local names.

I waffle between thinking "these guys are genuinely weird" and thinking "these guys are trying too hard to be weird."

That said, "The famous Massachusetts Bay/Home of JFKennaday" was pretty funny.

My mom grew up in Bevalee but my grandparents lived in Danvahs and Peebadee (they split up long before I was born). Spent loads of time in Mahhblehead and Gloahhstah. Also drank loads of tahnic. Just went to Hayvrull for the first time two weeks ago (remember my pictures from 93 and 90?) and liked what I saw, just like I do everything North Shore <3

I thought about it but figured I'd already abused the phonetic spellings enough...

And to get back on topic for a second, I've finally discovered Def Leppard. World, you've been warned.

Back