What are you listening to now?

This is my favorite song of the week!

Jazz on the Autobahn

Back when I used to work downtown, there was a time where I was regularly taking the red line to South Station. I'd pop out of one of those frosted-glass triangle igloo things, and stare up at The Fed flanked by 1 Financial from Dewey Square. This is a good approximation of that view.

Every time I'd exit the station and see these 2 towers, this theme from Super Metroid would pop into my head. It's stuck in my head right now! (note it has HD option but defaults to 360)

Lyric video because the official video gives away too much of the movie (which is great)

One of the best artists to come out of the area in the last 20-or-so years in my humble opinion:

For anyone who doesn’t like mashups or doesn’t have patience for a whole hour-long thing, here’s a piece of his studio work that I think fits the site’s theme:

Man-Made Object:

And here’s a cover by a different artist that I love of a song which fits the site’s theme:

Skyscraper:

Last edited:
Folks around my age might recognize this local band from hits like “Love Drunk” and “The Great Escape”, but here is some cool new music from the group:

While David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame) is by far my favorite guitarist of all time, I was unaware of this song until recently.

While David Gilmour (of Pink Floyd fame) is by far my favorite guitarist of all time, I was unaware of this song until recently.

That’s a nice sound, almost captures the old Floyd, smooth and melancholy, maybe not quite as hopeless as it would have been with RW involved haha.

Loving this right now:

Back