What is this building in NYC?

found5dollar

Reaction score
Ok, I have been racking my brain and googling like a madman to try to figure out what this building on a card I am thinking about getting is. The building I am at a loss for is the arched building directly above "Battery Park City" and directly below the Washington Square arch. Anyone know what it is?

il_570xN.593405904_br5d.jpg

Off the top of my head, the closest thing I can think of is the Winter Garden at the World Financial Center. It's similar to the drawing in many ways.

P1160440.jpg

9612165990_9666cf5b78_z.jpg

That was my first thought too, but it just seems weird to have been chosen and drawn with trees around it...

Agreed. It's also not even close to the first thing I think of when I consider that part of Manhattan.

I honestly can't think of anything else it could be, though.

Agreed. It's also not even close to the first thing I think of when I consider that part of Manhattan.

I honestly can't think of anything else it could be, though.

I concur. The first thing I thought of when I saw the drawing was the WFC. You can't really take that drawing too literally. I'm guessing they just picked out some nice architectural moments and threw them on in vaguely accurate locations. The WFC winter garden is indeed a nice architectural moment, but the rest of the complex is forgettable.

Back