What to do about Government Center

it's too close to the Auerbach statue

Yes, let's move the Holocaust Memorial because it interferes with the Auerbach statue, and not the other way around (!?)

Because from some directions the big neon sign sits right above the memorial. I think it's above the union oyster house. It takes away from a somber memorial.

I think the Holocaust memorial works in its site. It's not really an "attraction" or "destination," nor should it be. It's just something you can take a stroll through and remember. The steam was a great idea too.

Yeah, you could move it to the Greenway, but I really don't think it needs to be glorified ala Berlin or something.

I love this idea of reconfiguring the Plaza. We won't have to fight to tear down City Hall; we can simply hide it.

Ah but the plaza is the perfect site for the tall tower

Its close to the end nor in line with any runway, the land is as solid as you can find and the T is everywhere around it as well as a number of wide high capacity streets

the 3 million sq ft 300m (i.e. 1000 ft class) tower complex should settle down right on the City Hall foot print

Hanover St and some low rise surroundings would be a nice adjunct -- a la Boylston opposite the Pru

Back