What to do about the NEAQ?

It's not exactly world class but you'd cede an important civic, cultural and scientific asset for your tall building fetish?

I'm absolutely for maximum harbor visibility and public use ...Put a huge park there like i've been telling Chiofaro to do since day 1. Then, join it with Long Wharf... Next, demolish the imax and move the Aquarium.

i'm not crazy about tall there, but the HT complex will be fine getting a tall crown.

The Aquarium doesn't belong blocking the harbor from one of America's most important historical districts.... If it didn't exist, you could start with a clean sheet of paper and build it huge and great in Dorchester or Southie - rather than adding all that congestion where it's least-needed.

It's not exactly world class but you'd cede an important civic, cultural and scientific asset for your tall building fetish?

You bet he would. We could fit at least 3 skinny dubai-esque supertalls between those two parcels complete with a new radar station on top for Logan. It could be epic, brah!

I'm absolutely for maximum harbor visibility and public use ...Put a huge park there like i've been telling Chiofaro to do since day 1. Then, join it with Long Wharf... Next, demolish the imax and move the Aquarium.

i'm not crazy about tall there, but the HT complex will be fine getting a tall crown.

The Aquarium doesn't belong blocking the harbor from one of America's most important historical districts.... If it didn't exist, you could start with a clean sheet of paper and build it huge and great in Dorchester or Southie - rather than adding all that congestion where it's least-needed.

You're never going to get the city you want out of Boston. It only exists in two places - Dubai and your mind and based on my experiences, both are pretty vile.

You're never going to get the city you want out of Boston. It only exists in two places - Dubai and your mind and based on my experiences, both are pretty vile.

Boston will never become Dubai but it would be awesome if more neighborhoods looked like Chicago/NYC while also keeping the historical old buildings that make Boston great.

It would be awesome if more neighborhoods looked like Chicago/NYC while also keeping the historical old buildings that make Boston great.

Great post (as usual). i like to compare with the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago (mixed in density), which is really (about) all Brian Golden and the Board are trying to do . People rail at them like they're Satan at these public meetings. It's kind of sick.

Where do you move all of the boats that leave out of there? Codzilla, whale watches and other harbor cruises all leave from that area.

Despite my desire to see the Aquarium moved has little basis in reality, help me out here: would creating a great public/open space at Central Wharf preclude the practicality for keeping (harbor toursy stuff) there?

One thing that would be cool to see would be an underwater tunnel where people could see activity in the harbor itself.

Back