Worcester Ballpark & Redev

It’s $1 for six months. You probably just spent more than a dollar’s worth of your time clicking that link to find you couldn’t read it and then typing that complaint.

I'm not complaining about spending a dollar. I pay more than that a month for some other local paper subcriptions. I am complaing now about the fact that I have to go through the effort of making yet another account just so I can read that lol

Keep in mind that the Boston Globe is owned by John Henry who is the principal owner of the Boston Red Sox which in turn have an ownership stake in the WooSox.

God damn that article sent me down a worcester rabbit hole. Glad to see canal st is doing a lot better these days.

Still, as in Boston, new development has stalled lately. Higher interest rates and materials costs, as well as post-pandemic shakeouts in commercial real estate, have slowed development. When those apartment buildings — including an overhaul of the old Table Talk office on Green Street into condos — are finished, the clang of hammers and rumble of cement trucks will fade again, for the first time in years.
Looking across Madison Street from the big windows in Steinberg’s office in Polar Park, you can see several empty lots where many hoped buildings would be rising by now.

That’s the real piece of news in the article. Lots of progess has been made, but the majority of proposed development in the Canal District and the rest of the city has completely stalled.

Back