Would you like this in Boston?

jass

Reaction score
This forum is always bitching on two big things when it comes to new construction:

Giant blocks that all look the same
Lack of details.

Well, would this newish development alleviate your concerns, or do you hate it?

All taken on a single block.

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01153.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. Love the variation among the streetwall.

Not bad. Where is this, Chicago?

p.s. belongs in general arch/urbanism forum I think.

Hah, Chicago is what occurred to me as well.

I like the diversity of styles. Where's the diversity of uses?

What do you mean, "can't handle the developments?"

Nexis is correct on the location. I have some other pictures I took (all this weekend) that are strikingly similar to those he posted.

The area is interesting because its a lot like out south end. Apparently, it was nothing just a few years ago, but now they have those buildings, small blocks, and an attractive light rail system.

All a 5 minute walk from the river, which is a 5 minute trip to Manhattan.

What do you mean, "can't handle the developments?"

Sidewalks are Suburban sized , No bike lanes , or poor bike lanes , narrow streets , badly designed Light Rail......the Wide streets favor cars of Pedestrains which seems to be a Jersey City thing Hoboken and Newark are opposite...then add in Mega Developments like Liberty Harbor....its causing a Traffic Chaos issue with cars , People and Pedestrians... Now there proposing six Mega Developments similar to the Seaport Development although a smaller area...

There was zero traffic while I was there. None. Could have played chess in the middle of the street. I counted more streetcars than automobiles.

There was zero traffic while I was there. None. Could have played chess in the middle of the street. I counted more streetcars than automobiles.

Was this the Weekend? On Weekdays between 5 and 7 pm its grid lock...in Downtown and Journal SQ....

Sidewalks are Suburban sized , No bike lanes , or poor bike lanes , narrow streets , badly designed Light Rail......the Wide streets favor cars of Pedestrains which seems to be a Jersey City thing

Wha? Which is it? Wide or narrow streets?

They look pretty wide in those pictures above.

Wha? Which is it? Wide or narrow streets?

They look pretty wide in those pictures above.

Both , Downtown Jersey City's Streets are better suited for the Suburbs then the city....and the city has had several chances to fix that...they have a 6 lane streets that are like Freeways. Newark , Hoboken , New Brunswick , NYC all took steps at fixing each major and secondary street...

That area is quite well served by transit (both PATH and the surface light rail), so I don't see why anyone would say it "can't handle the development".

The area is interesting because its a lot like out south end. Apparently, it was nothing just a few years ago, but now they have those buildings, small blocks, and an attractive light rail system.

So basically, the Seaport could have been this. But instead its apologists insist it can have nothing but massive footprints. Now we have a closer example than Amsterdam to badger them with.

I would take these "wide" streets there anyday.

That area is quite well served by transit (both PATH and the surface light rail), so I don't see why anyone would say it "can't handle the development".

The PATH is almost at Capacity Between the Jersey City , Hoboken & Harrison Developments....ridership should increase by another 100,000....even with the signal upgrades the system will need to have Alternate and Transit while it has a plan for a New line...hasn't acted on it...

Just tell me who I have to murder so the Seaport can look like this.

Back