XMBLY | 5 Middlesex Avenue | Assembly SQ | Somerville

dshoost88

Reaction score
Those aren't the current design. The revised version is the 1960s office park Stick posted on the prior page.

No surface parking.
Programmable green space.
Activated ground floor that knit the urban fabric.
Transit-accessible.

Please show me a single 1960's office park that looks like this.

Equilibria

Reaction score
No surface parking.
Programmable green space.
Activated ground floor that knit the urban fabric.
Transit-accessible.

Please show me a single 1960's office park that looks like this.
I was speaking architecturally. Urbanistically, you're right. Either way, it's a big downgrade from the prior version.

Also, "knit the urban fabric"? In Assembly? What fabric?

Ruairi

Reaction score
I was speaking architecturally. Urbanistically, you're right. Either way, it's a big downgrade from the prior version.

Also, "knit the urban fabric"? In Assembly? What fabric?
well, 93 is in the way but this will definitely fill the gap between East Somerville and the Assembly T station.
Just because everything in Assembly row is new and not the most cutting edge, doesn't mean it's not urban fabric that needs to be better connected to neighboring urban areas.
For what it's worth, I don't overly mind the new version, it's hardly like the old version was some mind blowing example of world class architecture.
I'm still having trouble getting my head around the name "XMBLY"🤮

stick n move

Reaction score
To be fair the top 3 renders are old and Ive posted them before, but the bottom 2 are ones Ive never seen before and appear to fit the new layout of the site. Not sure why they would mix old and new but it appears they did.

2 angled mid ride buildings blocking the highway with the large green space at the base. It matches up. Plus theyre new and dont fit the old site plan.

Compared to the known accurate render it lines up.

Last edited:

Equilibria

Reaction score
To be fair the top 3 renders are old and Ive posted them before, but the bottom 2 are ones Ive never seen before and appear to fit the new layout of the site. Not sure why they would mix old and new but it appears they did.

2 angled mid ride buildings blocking the highway with the large green space at the base. It matches up. Plus theyre new and dont fit the old site plan.
Yeah, those two look like they're new.

Javier

Reaction score
Didn’t know Partners health building is now mass General Brigham

Javier

Reaction score
Read un Article about MGH and Brigham Hospital joined together as Partners Healthcare 25 years Ago. Now they changed name to Mass General Brigham spending up to $100 Million

Equilibria

Reaction score
Hmm... it seems that Mass General Brigham has come up with a blah logo to match its blah name. I get that it's a representation of the MGH Bulfinch Building, but no one thinks of that building when they think of MGH. It looks more like a pictographic label: "this is a building".

Vagabond

Reaction score
Hmm... it seems that Mass General Brigham has come up with a blah logo to match its blah name. I get that it's a representation of the MGH Bulfinch Building, but no one thinks of that building when they think of MGH. It looks more like a pictographic label: "this is a building".
Building... or Burger?
Where's our XMBLY guy @Mike02125 for some advertising strategy commentary?
1597346379118.png
1597346645143.png

If XMBLY hurries up, it could be close to opening right around when the Puma HQ building opens up - guessing Spring 2021?

Last edited: