One Kenmore Square | 560 Commonwealth Avenue | Kenmore Square

Re: Hotel Tower | 560 Commonwealth Ave | Kenmore Square

Once things passed my desk they became public and I tried to post as soon as that happened. I'd usually forget though. Either way I just left that job so that'll be the end of my inside knowledge! :/

Not sure if this was posted yet but found this on Bldup:
560-Commonwealth-Avenue-Citizens-Bank-Allston-Fenway-Development-Kenmore-Square-Boston-University.jpg

Lol, literally the first post of the thread.

the tower is pretty interesting. i just wish it was (wait for it...) taller.

The cladding will determine if this looks like a brown slab from the river or if it looks like the Tree House. The Kenmore angle is good either way, but this building is going to be very visible in the same way the Pierce is.

Hey reverend_paco, thanks for ripping those images!

But you should edit the links to add an "h" before the ".jpg" so that that a mod doesn't delete your post for being too big. So, for example, "...N6DknO5.jpg" should become "...N6DknO5h.jpg"

Thanks!

Woah, it got a lot better.

Hey reverend_paco, thanks for ripping those images!

But you should edit the links to add an "h" before the ".jpg" so that that a mod doesn't delete your post for being too big. So, for example, "...N6DknO5.jpg" should become "...N6DknO5h.jpg"

Thanks!

Yup. Done. I usually do, but totally forgot.

I really like that this has a seamless flow from how this meets the street to the parapet. We usually get a large clunky base that looks significantly different than the rest of the building, but this looks like one cohesive form (for the most part).

Cautiously optimistic. I like the massing but it will come down to the materials.

I really like that this has a seamless flow from how this meets the street to the parapet. We usually get a large clunky base that looks significantly different than the rest of the building, but this looks like one cohesive form (for the most part).

It's so crucial to have as much of the tower massing meet the ground as possible.

Not loving the facade on the right

yDG6CJuh.png

From center plate to *this* proposal is .25km. From center plate to 2 Charlesgate was .35KM.

"Center plate"?

As has been discussed ad nauseam in the 2 Charlesgate West thread, distance is not the only thing that matters when evaluating the impact of a building (just as height is not the only thing that matters when evaluating the quality of a building).

If I'm the Red Sox, I would object much more to 2 Charlesgate than to this, even though this is closer. For one, 2 Charlesgate West is in fair territory while this (like everything else going up in the Fenway) is in foul territory. The team cares much less about buildings in foul territory.

The elevations start on page 97. It looks like the taller one is 260' to the top of that top window, not including the big blank section above that looks like ~3 more floors worth. So I guess between 290'-300'.

The shorter one is less exact but listed as 210' to the zoning. There's also an entire other giant floor, plus mech above the "roof" so it's really impossible to tell.

For now I'd be comfortable at sticking with about (at least) 210' and 295' until we see something more exact.

Also I am positively thrilled with the look of the taller tower.

Last edited:

Looks pretty cool + we get 2 roof decks, top floor restaurant and Brookline to Beacon connector alley lined with double height retail. Build it!

Back