Winthrop Center | 115 Winthrop Square | Financial District

Thanks. But more than just the restaurants, I was wondering about the hall itself. When is it supposed to be open? My understanding is this is supposed to be a kind of public space, almost park-like: a place for pedestrians to walk through, or a place to just come sit, get out of the cold or rain, etc. Is this a pedestrian way that isn't open on weekends? Or that just hadn't opened yet when I went by?

Thanks. But more than just the restaurants, I was wondering about the hall itself. When is it supposed to be open? My understanding is this is supposed to be a kind of public space, almost park-like: a place for pedestrians to walk through, or a place to just come sit, get out of the cold or rain, etc. Is this a pedestrian way that isn't open on weekends? Or that just hadn't opened yet when I went by?

This is just one datapoint (and a rough one because I don't even remember the exact date), but roughly a month ago I was definitely able to walk in there on a Saturday morning just to check it out. I am fairly certain it is meant to be open to the public (throughout wide hours, and not contingent on food stalls being open), so I'm curious of others' experiences. It could just be that it's been locked periodically as they've been working through minor hiccups and punch-list items.

I only caught a quick glimpse, but looks the crown lighting has been completed with some additional skinny lines below the original lights. Looking forward to some new photos.

Well thats nice to hear. I had lost hope at this point.

With some more skinny lines, the crown will now truly be "iconic," as promised. Folks from far and wide will talk in reverent tones of Boston's new, breathtakingly gorgeous and innovative skyscraper. Thanks Millenium!

As of 1/21/24

Attachments

• IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 182
It would be nice if 1 International Place updated its lighting. I swear they use standard floodlight bulbs I have in my back yard.

2 International Place and the Custom House are the best lit buildings in that photo. Millennium Tower gets a dishonorable mention.

Yet I'd argue it's the most-consistently well-lit building we have.

2 IP is way better lit than 1 IP. It's probably the best lit crown on the entire night skyline. Since the Custom House is kind of its own animal altogether, the only other real challenger is the Pru. Is this conversation mistaking 1 IP for 2 IP?

2 IP is way better lit than 1 IP. It's probably the best lit crown on the entire night skyline. Since the Custom House is kind of its own animal altogether, the only other real challenger is the Pru. Is this conversation mistaking 1 IP for 2 IP?
No. I understand and agree with you. I just think both IP buildings have an older, dim type of lighting. I'm not saying it should be replaced with some "blinding" type of light, but something more vibrant. The current lighting is very soft.

Back