MXD Residential Tower | 121 Broadway | Kendall Square

Yeah, it's an expansion of the Broad Institute into this building (which was formerly Biogen). Apparently the Broad is all-out gutting this thing (which wasn't even that old to begin with - 2015, maybe?). Likely due to their unique lab use needs.

Presented in a design review submittal to Cambridge Redev. Authority - "300 Binney St. - CRA Design Review"

Thats interesting. I know theyre doing essentially the same thing to that brutalist building over by ink block, plus the old hancock building in the seaport. I’m sure theres a couple others I’m not thinking of too.

Apparently the Broad is all-out gutting this thing (which wasn't even that old to begin with - 2015, maybe?). Likely due to their unique lab use needs.

It wasn't a lab building before, and they are completely retrofitting it to be a lab building. It was 5 floors of offices before, with ground level features like childcare and a gym.

IMG_4294.jpeg

The new pedestrian cut through on the left side of this image is amazing. Makes walking to Kendall a couple minutes faster. And you get a great view of the construction site!

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Interesting excerpt from the article: "121 Broadway’s distinction could be short-lived as MIT moves ahead with redevelopment of its nearby Volpe Center redevelopment. The master plan includes one residential building approved for a 456-foot height."

Never realized that there was another residential tower in the works that surpasses this one. Looking forward to Cambridge getting both of these great additions.

Interesting excerpt from the article: "121 Broadway’s distinction could be short-lived as MIT moves ahead with redevelopment of its nearby Volpe Center redevelopment. The master plan includes one residential building approved for a 456-foot height."

Never realized that there was another residential tower in the works that surpasses this one. Looking forward to Cambridge getting both of these great additions.

1714758903442.png

Back