MXD Residential Tower | 121 Broadway | Kendall Square

May have missed it but have we seen renders from ground level from like the Zakim or Back Bay yet?

A super active yet not particularly photogenic site at this point (this morning, 4/21):

121b-1-1.jpg

So the latest construction update from bxp on Courbanize shows screenshots from an OxBlue camera. It would be awesome to see one of those OxBlue time lapses of this thing rising, but I am not sure if such is publicly available for this project. I couldn't seem to find a public link, but if anyone knows how to track down such a thing (if it exists), much appreciated if you can share with the forum.

There's an open survey and a public meeting (Aug 9th @ 6:30pm) related to the design of the "Center Plaza" between 121 Broadway and 290 Binney.

CRA has posted a website for the Center Plaza project here (with links to the above survey + meeting):

Apparently the key components are nooks, decks, and lawn. Render linked from above site:
Aerial_saturated.jpg

Yeah wow, I didn't realize how much space this thing is going to take up underground. Huge intake and exhaust vents there.
Capture7.PNG

I like that idea, but I would guess trellises may interfere with airflow around the intake and exhaust towers.

Back