⚫ Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

HelloBostonHi

Reaction score
20191030_221309.jpg

20191030_221326.jpg

Slow progress but the back side looks about done. Side facing Prudential is still a mess at ground level. And the curb height and curb ramps have an insane gap (I'm talking a curb ramp with a 5 inch step) so I can only presume it still needs replaving around here.

stick n move

Reaction score
The base actually looks great. Still cant believe we added both MT AND 1 Dalton. 2 great looking and tall towers for Boston, then on top of that 115 fed is u/c, and even sst hopefully soon. 4 of our top 6 tallest will be built this 1 cycle... crazy. Maybe even 7 is 1 congress is 7th tallest... cant remember.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
heh. it truly is ridiculous for a luxury building that "opened" five-plus months ago.

BosDevelop

Reaction score
Someone needs to find out what the deal is with the plywood. Shocking for such a prominent building. There must be a story behind this that we're not getting. Doesn't take 7 months to get a few panes of glass.

whighlander

Reaction score
Someone needs to find out what the deal is with the plywood. Shocking for such a prominent building. There must be a story behind this that we're not getting. Doesn't take 7 months to get a few panes of glass.
BosDev -- I'd guess that the plywood is closing up windows behind which or near to which something is waiting to be installed which is most easily installed through the window aperture rather than using the service elevators

George_Apley

Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe a contractor/subcontractor dispute. "You don't get the glass until I get my money" sorta deal. 🤷‍♂️

DZH22

Reaction score
As long as we aren't looking at Plywood Palace 2.0 I can live with the growing pains.........

stoweker

Reaction score
Stayed in a suite last night, nice finishes but room layout was super awkward and view was blocked by a huge TV in the middle of the curved glass. Bathroom has no privacy, just a drop down shear which was super awkward. Walked the meeting space which is way undersized for the hotel. Nice job on breakout rooms but the main ballroom blows. Hotel still feels very much under construction, bar isn’t open (except for the Japanese place on the 2nd floor). Can’t see this thing doing well long term when mandarin is priced competitively and has better location and meeting space so ultimately who stays at the hotel if there’s no real demand driver? Separately have heard they’ve only sold like 40 condos so good luck with the rest - nice view but weird location. Good luck Carpenter and Co. My $0.02.

stellarfun

Reaction score
Stayed in a suite last night, nice finishes but room layout was super awkward and view was blocked by a huge TV in the middle of the curved glass. Bathroom has no privacy, just a drop down shear which was super awkward. Walked the meeting space which is way undersized for the hotel. Nice job on breakout rooms but the main ballroom blows. Hotel still feels very much under construction, bar isn’t open (except for the Japanese place on the 2nd floor). Can’t see this thing doing well long term when mandarin is priced competitively and has better location and meeting space so ultimately who stays at the hotel if there’s no real demand driver? Separately have heard they’ve only sold like 40 condos so good luck with the rest - nice view but weird location. Good luck Carpenter and Co. My $0.02.
A main reason for the hotel may be to provide amenities for the condo residences. In reviewing designs for another Four Seasons residences, I came to realize the residents don't cook their own meals, or drive their own cars, and they don't order from DoorDash.

Only 40 of 160 units sold? That's going to put a damper on developers seeking to finance high end, luxe residences in Boston. Here's looking at you Mr. Fish, and Mr. Chiofaro.