Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

heh. it truly is ridiculous for a luxury building that "opened" five-plus months ago.

Someone needs to find out what the deal is with the plywood. Shocking for such a prominent building. There must be a story behind this that we're not getting. Doesn't take 7 months to get a few panes of glass.

Someone needs to find out what the deal is with the plywood. Shocking for such a prominent building. There must be a story behind this that we're not getting. Doesn't take 7 months to get a few panes of glass.
BosDev -- I'd guess that the plywood is closing up windows behind which or near to which something is waiting to be installed which is most easily installed through the window aperture rather than using the service elevators

BosDev -- I'd guess that the plywood is closing up windows behind which or near to which something is waiting to be installed which is most easily installed through the window aperture rather than using the service elevators
49026975017_56d78a3bfc_b.jpg

Ain't no crane tall enough.

Maybe the window glass is on backorder? I would assume all that glass was a custom order. Maybe somebody goofed in the order, or damaged some glass, and there is a long wait for the next (very short) run.

Or maybe a contractor/subcontractor dispute. "You don't get the glass until I get my money" sorta deal. 🤷‍♂️

This glass, which is part of the canopy over the front door of the hotel, shattered about a week after it was installed. That was before the hotel opened. Some thing is amiss o_O.

IMG_5397 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

As long as we aren't looking at Plywood Palace 2.0 I can live with the growing pains.........

Stayed in a suite last night, nice finishes but room layout was super awkward and view was blocked by a huge TV in the middle of the curved glass. Bathroom has no privacy, just a drop down shear which was super awkward. Walked the meeting space which is way undersized for the hotel. Nice job on breakout rooms but the main ballroom blows. Hotel still feels very much under construction, bar isn’t open (except for the Japanese place on the 2nd floor). Can’t see this thing doing well long term when mandarin is priced competitively and has better location and meeting space so ultimately who stays at the hotel if there’s no real demand driver? Separately have heard they’ve only sold like 40 condos so good luck with the rest - nice view but weird location. Good luck Carpenter and Co. My $0.02.
A main reason for the hotel may be to provide amenities for the condo residences. In reviewing designs for another Four Seasons residences, I came to realize the residents don't cook their own meals, or drive their own cars, and they don't order from DoorDash.

Only 40 of 160 units sold? That's going to put a damper on developers seeking to finance high end, luxe residences in Boston. Here's looking at you Mr. Fish, and Mr. Chiofaro.

Fantastic shots. I think by the time Thousand Boylston & Chiofaro/Central Wharf got up,
demand would have met their schedules/supply deliveries.
Copley Tower should have been coming on line sometime next year,
Thousand Boylston in late 2023, and Chiofaro about 2027-45 (give or take).

I wonder if this is why new glass takes so long:

“This grey glass, which is only produced in California, has to be shipped to Europe and combined with clear glass layers from Spain and Hungary before being shipped again to Toronto, Canada. There, the glass is installed into curtain wall frames, which act as the building’s non-structural covering. Then, the curtain walls are trucked to Boston for installation.”
Link

Back