🔷 Open Thread

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score

Fools and their money are soon to be parted in Ft. Lauderdale, as Boring Co. nabs itself another client for its not-very-transit mode: a Downtown-beachfront circulator.

Besides being a scammily inept excuse for transit, seems...very ungood on-spec...to be TBM'ing Musk's brand of safety VE'd hamster tubes within blocks of the ocean in a specific coastal region with such...um...pants-shitting scary soil subsistence issues. I mean, they don't even build *basements* in this part of Florida, let alone tunnels, because of what swiss-cheese swill passes for fill down there. Does this not raise some biggish red flags given how opaque-as-@#$% Boring has been about maint-costs-over-lifetime (nevermind opaqueness about safety regs) for their particular brand of snake oil?

Benson

Reaction score

Fools and their money are soon to be parted in Ft. Lauderdale, as Boring Co. nabs itself another client for its not-very-transit mode: a Downtown-beachfront circulator.

Besides being a scammily inept excuse for transit, seems...very ungood on-spec...to be TBM'ing Musk's brand of safety VE'd hamster tubes within blocks of the ocean in a specific coastal region with such...um...pants-shitting scary soil subsistence issues. I mean, they don't even build *basements* in this part of Florida, let alone tunnels, because of what swiss-cheese swill passes for fill down there. Does this not raise some biggish red flags given how opaque-as-@#$% Boring has been about maint-costs-over-lifetime (nevermind opaqueness about safety regs) for their particular brand of snake oil?
Man you remind me of James Howard Kunstler with your amusing rants.

kz1000ps

Reaction score
Sooooooo I'm upgrading my camera game. The one on the right is my old workhorse, the 5D on the left is my new rig, and the one in the middle is my good friend's who is letting me play around with it for the foreseeable future. Plus many lenses not seen here.

Why? Because I'm going to work for her shooting residential real estate and am training for this work as we speak. Ol' kz is finally gonna start earning some bucks from shooting real estate after all these years and am hoping to make this my full-time career going forward 🍻

stefal

Reaction score
Sooooooo I'm upgrading my camera game. The one on the right is my old workhorse, the 5D on the left is my new rig, and the one in the middle is my good friend's who is letting me play around with it for the foreseeable future. Plus many lenses not seen here.

Why? Because I'm going to work for her shooting residential real estate and am training for this work as we speak. Ol' kz is finally gonna start earning some bucks from shooting real estate after all these years and am hoping to make this my full-time career going forward 🍻

Good luck! But you probably don't need luck, based off what you've posted on here - can't wait to see your already amazing photography improve even more with training/diligence and professionalism

dshoost88

Reaction score
My partner and I got married at Encore Boston Harbor this month. I don’t think they’ve done a ton of weddings yet due to the pandemic, but I have a good feeling they’ll be booking more after ours. Even on the dreariest July day ever, the event was beautiful.

Last edited:

Arenacale

Reaction score
Just had the revelation (heh) that the Museum of Science, from some angles, looks like a church -

There's probably some commentary about science and religion in there somewhere but that's for people smarter than I.