đź”· Open Thread

I keep seeing coupons for this place but I have never heard of it and have no idea where it is. It's strange they would bother sending me coupons for a restaurant in Connecticut.

ru by tuesdays isnt in massachusetts?!?!? that strikes me as odd because we have at least two in portland, and I know there is at least one in NH. portland is notorious for banning chain restaurants, so if we have one im sure there is one lurking somewhere closer to you than connecticut.

Patrick said:
ru by tuesdays isnt in massachusetts?!?!? that strikes me as odd because we have at least two in portland, and I know there is at least one in NH. portland is notorious for banning chain restaurants, so if we have one im sure there is one lurking somewhere closer to you than connecticut.

I've never seen a Ruby Tuesday's in my life...at least around here. I'm not sure if I saw one when I was semi-living in Atlanta, but if I did I didn't remember it. According to their website, there's one in my old stomping grounds-- Watertown at the Aresenal Mall. There's also locations in: Worcester, Framingham, Taunton, Marlborough, and Westborough.

I guess the best thing at Ruby T's is the hamburgers? I don't know, I know of a lot of good places to get a burger that aren't fast food or chains. It's not my type of thing to go to these chains or fast food joints anyways.

What's funny to me is how many ads are shown on television around here, for places I've never seen/seen around here.

Red Lobster? I know there was one in Nashua, NH (It's Smokey Bones BBQ now)

Long John Silver's: Anyone seen one aronud here?

Sonic: I fell in love with the slush type drinks at Sonic when I was in ATL. They show ads all the time here, yet the closest one is in Viriginia.

There's other places I can't remember off the top of my head, but I always see places and think "Where the hell is there one of those?"

hey theres a long john silvers in malden on broadway sharing a store with a kfc

ruby tuesdays isnt bad. it is comprable to an unos, vinny T's, Fridays, bugaboo creek, uhhh, stop me if you guys have never heard of those....

i could be off with vinny T's, which is out of boston and looks slightly more upscale than your run of the mill chain, but you get the picture. it is a family restaurant, burgers go for like $6.99-8.99 and there not half bad. although they just openned one up in westbrook (burb of portland) and the people that work there must still be stuck in their mill town past because they couldnt cook a burger to save the world....tasted like tar, bad tar at that :shock: ao it depends, like everywhere else, on whos cooking. but all in all, i would say ruby tuesdays is a nice venue.

red lobster i have never been to or seen either, and im from the lobster capital of the world (one of them anyway) so i find that odd as well. my only guess is that these corporations have to keep out competing their competitors with ever more expansive tele-advertising, or else risk losing market share by not focussing on the travelers...

My 10 cents for today says:
"Photo editing on a 12" screen laptop sucks!" :evil:

Yessiree. Nice to see you're thoughts are getting proper exposure, CityRecord.

kz1000ps said:
Yessiree. Nice to see you're thoughts are getting proper exposure, CityRecord.

Thanks, unless by proper exposure you mean lining birdcages. Given he only had 400 words or something like that, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

I remember hearing about this tragedy a few weeks back, what a terrible thing...now it looks like they caught one of the guys responsible in Maine.

Police arrest Boston murder suspect

PORTLAND - Police say they arrested a Massachusetts man wanted in connection with the shooting death of a 20-year-old woman in Boston.

They said that they took Laron Richardson, 28, of Jamaica Plain, Mass., into custody after a standoff Tuesday morning at a house near the intersection of Forest Avenue and Dartmouth Street.

Boston police said Richardson is one of two men responsible for fatally shooting Analicia Perry, 20, at the same intersection where her brother was killed four years before.

After Richardson's arrest, a SWAT team entered the building to make sure there is no one else inside, according to police.

I guess this is as good a place as anywhere to ask, but I was returning to Boston today via the Turnpike, and right around Framingham and Natick (exit 13) there were five or so cranes off to the south, in the area of the Natick Mall and Sherwood Plaza. Does anybody know what is going up here? I felt like we had entered Dubai for a split second the way how the cranes were clustered together on the nonexistent skyline out there.

Ahhh, thank you very much. Quite the development going on out there.

Well I mean any time in general. We do live like a whopping 7 blocks away from eachother.

Haha, thanks. Sorry it took me forever.

I am an R.A. this year for the school. It's busy...I've got freshmen.

I'm on Co-op next semester for MGH, I don't know if I'll have more, or less, time.

I realllllly want to go out and take pictures, my camera, though, is dusty and I would like to get that fixed before I do anything big... Has anyone ever done this?

(keep in mind- I've used the at-home kits, and it seems like I have more dust in the lens every time i do it. Also, btw, it's the inner glass of the lens, not the CCD sensor)

Three-year-old passes Mensa test

A three-year-old has become the youngest member of the high IQ group Mensa after taking a series of tests run by psychologists.

Mikhail Ali, from Bramley, Leeds was put through his paces by experts at the University of York.

Mensa spokeswoman Caroline Garbett said: "We have 25,500 members and fewer than 30 are under the age of 10."

Mikhail's mother Shamsun, 26, told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "We knew he was a gifted child."

Ms Garbett said the testing had been carried out independently by psychologists at the university as Mensa do not normally deal with youngsters below the age of 10.

Every day he amazes us, but underneath it all he's still our little boy too
Proud mother Shamsun, quoted by paper.
Mikhail undertook a series of tests involving maths, picture and logic puzzles and number sequences.

Mrs Ali added: "Every day he amazes us, but underneath it all he's still our little boy too.

"He still plays with his toys and demands food."

A spokeswoman for the university said they were trying to contact the member of staff who carried out the tests to verify claims that Mikhail has an IQ of 137, putting him in the top two per cent of the population.

80's trivia pop quiz time:

RickAstley.jpg

Didn't really want to start a new thread for this, but does anyone know what seems to be on fire at the rear of the Federal Reserve tower? The smoke is coming from somewhere in the rear. I don't have a good look at it from my location. The wind is filling Dewey Square with smoke.

Back