đź”· Open Thread

The guys with the million dollar metal either drive balls to the wall, or play land shark and sit in their driving suits next to their cold stationary sculpture.

The most impressive sight I ever saw at Lime Rock was 20 years ago on a rainy day when a fleet of Bugattis, pre-war GP Maseratis and the odd Delahaye chased each other all out. Over the years I've never seen one of them smashed. There is an unwritten code of conduct. Push hard, but don't push anyone. Break it and you are out.

The nice thing is you get to see the machines used as they were intended. Most of the guys involved are pretty regular. The "in need of penile enhancement" types don't last.

Why do some people think that Starbucks is a good place to park their kids when they have nothing else to do?

Why is it always in the Starbucks I'm in?

^^ Obviously, God hates you Jimbo...

Try Peets. Better coffee.

Peets always gives me the shakes... not sure what it is about their coffee.... but I don't dare have a cup within 8 hours of trying to go to sleep...

Peets always gives me the shakes...

It can be a bit rough in the shop if you're not used to it. Try it at home in a French press. That and Howard Stern get me out the door every morning.

You haven't lived until you've had Puerto Rican coffee.

I've heard the same thing about coffee from Haiti, van. In general, I like the stuff from East Africa and South East Asia. Latin American coffees are tasty, but fail to motivate me in the morning.

You haven't lived until you've had Puerto Rican coffee.

Years ago, I used to work with a Puerto Rican guy who's mother would give him a thermos full of "Puerto Rican espresso" before every shift.We were friends enough that he'd share it with me, and let me tell ya: the stuff makes Starbucks look like kool-aid.

I tried to get the secret out of him, but all I remember him telling me was that it involved a sock.

I'm going to link this because it is pretty offensive. If you are easily offended (or work in an overly sensitive workplace) you may want to skip it.

What's the difference...

If you laugh at that you are going to hell. I'll see you there. :)

And then there's this somewhat topical holiday card.

I'm going to Hell. I have back-stage passes.

I love Sarah Palin and everything she represents. Especially the hatred she inspires in the "enlightened" liberal leftist cocktail crowds that I always find myself stuck within.

But man, those are seriously funny!

Some people love Palin just because she pisses off the self-aggrandizing Left. I think it was Trey Parker (one of the dudes behind South Park) who said something like: "We hate conservatives, but we really, really hate liberals."

As a radical centrist, I don't love her by any stretch (indeed she's why I won't [CAN'T] vote for McCain) but I kinda get a kick out of her. She's like a right-wing, God-squad version of Margaret Cho or Sarah Silverman (in the way she get under people's skin, not her delivery). And that voice -- is she channeling Frances McDormand in Fargo?

"I support gay marriage, gun control laws, decriminalizing marijuana, abortion, and all kinds of other libertarian and leftist agendas."

You can either be a libertarian or a leftist, not both, you can't be hyper focused on individual liberty within the limited rule of law while also wanting a nanny state to wipe your fanny every trip to the bathroom.

Gun control is a leftist, not a libertarian thing as well. Notice how far left governments always take away everyone's guns? It keeps the peasants from getting uppity when the party or dear leader decides something is best and a few million get to visit the gulag. Also look at the UK, Illinois, and Washington D.C., strict gun control has only increased crime as criminals who already don't obey the law have free reign over an unarmed populace. That isn't to say that there shouldn't be required safety classes, background checks to verify you aren't a convicted nutcase, required training for both concealed and open carry handguns, no heavy weapons (12.7mm isn't for hunting rabbits), and no full auto. By the way our neighbor Vermont has virtually no restrictions on firearms and has the 49nth lowest rate of crime per capita. /bet you didn't know that

Libertarians would allow gay marriage, encourage those couples to have a secured closet full of firearms, permit them to grow hash like tomatoes, although preferably not permit the smoking of that crop while handling the firearms, and allow them to have abortions should they somehow become impregnated from some rather foolish immoral unprotected experimenting with the neighbors.

And now for something completely different:
http://www.g4tv.com/thepile/videos/34590/Barack_Obama_and_Sarah_Palin_in_Mercenaries_2.html

Last edited:
By the way our neighbor Vermont has virtually no restrictions on firearms and has the 49nth lowest rate of crime per capita.

You'll often see cars and SUV's in Vermont with bumper-stickers that read "Armed & Tolerant" in rainbow block letters.

Man, I love New England. It's both real AND fake America ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!

I love Vermont, but I can't pretend to understand it at all.

Architect?s Dress Code‏
architect_dress_code_uniform_outfit_black_formal.jpg

Back