đź”· Open Thread

They no longer have programing on drawves farming? How will we ever learn about that now?!

It's sad to watch this network devolve into nothing but 'reality' TV.

FYI, Google Street View now covers Romania. Bucharest is a very dense and interesting city, you should all virtually explore it!

The Model T went into production in 1908 so by my calculations this is approximately the 103rd year the Globe has run it's "OMG! People in South Boston Use the Craziest Things to Save Parking Spaces After a Snow Storm" story.

06-nstacross.jpg

From pre-Green Line submergence.

Wonder what happened to the busway with air rights? I think it's a better idea than Haymarket.

JohnAKeith Re: Open Thread
Any chance anyone of here knows anything about the UMASS graduate program in Regional Planning (and/or Landscape Architecture)?

http://www.umass.edu/larp/mrp/index.html
My college roommate was in the Landscape Arch program out at Amherst. He really enjoyed it. His master's thesis was redesigning a Guatemalan village. Which he proceeded to do upon graduating.

Hey Crash do you happen to know anything about Oakley CC? How does it compare to other golf courses locally?

06-nstacross.jpg

From pre-Green Line submergence.

Wonder what happened to the busway with air rights? I think it's a better idea than Haymarket.

It looks like it was supposed to be some sort of Greenway office tower with bus transport on ground level. I would much prefer this over the scatted head houses of North Sta.

Quite interesting how the rest of the section remained identical to the North Station we got eventually. It truly is a wonderful layout.

Hey Crash do you happen to know anything about Oakley CC? How does it compare to other golf courses locally?

I'm not Crash, but I'll give my opinion anyways. It's a great little course. I don't think it's even 6,000 yards from the tips but what it lacks in length is made up for in other ways. It's tight, well-bunkered and the greens are quick. It's very well manicured and the second cut of rough can be treacherous. For the most part, the people who belong there are good players and thus it maintains a fast pace of play. The clubhouse itself is fairly standard (formal-ish members' dining room, bar/grill room, locker rooms) although a bit on the small side by Boston standards. It's a great club with a lot of history and for the price I doubt you could do much better without venturing into 495 territory.

From the "If I were mayor" column in this week's Back Bay Sun:

One Back Bay resident is tired of noise. "A commercial district abuts a residential district," said she. "We should have quiet zones, where loud trucks would be aloud to idle and leaf and snow blowers couldn't be used."

She said she would up signs up on the corner of Exeter and Newbury that read, "You are in a quiet zone. Please don't shout and make a ruckus."

Crabby old b**** needs a one-way ticket to Boca. Plenty of peace and quiet there.

Any 'quiet' signs would be quickly stolen or defaced by hipsters. Every hipster or punk group in the city worth its salt would have one on display during concerts.

Any 'quiet' signs would be quickly stolen or defaced by hipsters. Every hipster or punk group in the city worth its salt would have one on display during concerts.

Wait, are you that crabby old lady?

Better put up some damned "No Hipsters/Punks" signs too! GET OFF MY STOOP, INGRATES!

Back