đź”· Open Thread

I'd say the ratio of women to men eating prepared food at Starbucks is approximately 100 to 1.

I get bfast sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, warmed apple fritters, coffee cake, etc all the time at SBux. More stars on my Gold Card towards a free drink. =P

Sorry guys, I lost my temper last night.

Not as an excuse, but I have alot of BS in my personal life. I shouldn't have taken my passive-aggressive behavior out on you guys.

Also, snow hurting local businesses doesn't help either.

Sorry guys, I lost my temper last night.

Not as an excuse, but I have alot of BS in my personal life. I shouldn't have taken my passive-aggressive behavior out on you guys.

Also, snow hurting local businesses doesn't help either.

It happens... life goes on.

e16_21755895.jpg

^ So lame.

Is it me or have super bowl commercials been lacking in recent years? And why was Eminem hawking for a soft drink and a middling car?

^ So lame.

Is it me or have super bowl commercials been lacking in recent years? And why was Eminem hawking for a soft drink and a middling car?

No, they have been getting lazier and lazier over the years. The ads used to be part of the fun, now they don't even try.

I... I liked the Darth Vader kid one...

and also the beaver one kinda...

I liked the Crystler Eminem one. It was saying hey America remember us (Det). The city that was once the 4th largest, outsold London for records in the 1960's, created the auto industry/ middle class, have been neglected and shit on by the entire country for decades? Yea were still here and maybe just maybe you could support your fellow Americans. (Granted complacent auto execs of the 70's and 80's decided to make shity cars)

Yeah, the Chrysler thing wasn't too bad. I liked the "Imported from Detroit" tag line. Eminem pimping for his hometown would have been a lot more effective if hadn't just sold himself out for some stupid drink.

statler said:
Eminem pimping for his hometown would have been a lot more effective if hadn't just sold himself out for some stupid drink.

Yeah, I wouldnt've minded the Chrysler commercial as much if I hadn't just seen Eminem half an hour beforehand. And although I thought the mesage of "Detroit: we're not dead!" was a good one, I just can't get that enthusiastic over it when the car they're pushing is the Chrysler 200, which is a refreshed Sebring, which was one of the worst cars to hit the market in the last half decade.

The Darth Vader kid one was pretty cute, and I also liked the Chevy Camaro one with the voiceovers discussing what should happen (me likey that redhead).

But on the whole, I'm all for the commercials getting suckier because then it puts the focus back on the football being played on the field and not on the overblown hype and spectacle of it all.

Back