đź”· Open Thread

You're the only one saying that dude. I have never said that, nor would I.

But if you dont think this is a good or important point of discussion and the article about Google vs Chiland being something important, then don't post on it, and don't shout down others Mao style who want to. Go and post something about Power Rangers or something. Like Horse Dances or Fanta ads in J Land or other stuff people post on my site.

Wow. I guess that article I posted has now been refuted - SUPER MAO STYLE!

But let me guess, your further comment will consist of a lame hubristic nationalistic and paranoid douchebaggery type of attack with 4 letters.

Tiki, maybe if you actually posted something about ARCHITECTURE on this ARCHITECTURE WEBSITE we'd be more receptive to your silly little time-wasters of articles, but you don't, and the fact that this ^^ is the result should surprise nobody.

Letting us know that some hot chick got fired cuz of her figure is NOT enriching the forum, k?

And luckily the mods are a lot stricter on SSC so they'll ban your troll account archnyer promptly. Seriously, is your life that miserable (in NYC of all places!) that you have nothing to do but cyberstalk me and troll forums?

Manchurian, please stop the paranoia. If you want to discuss the article posted, be my guest. I am genuinely interested in what you have to say.

If you want to talk to archnyer, hes on the forum, and you can join and pm him here.

I Googled your name, and it's clear that you have a problem with others posting on forums as seen in that link (above) when they disagree with your world view.

I can't help you with that.

I Googled your name, and it's clear that you have a problem with posting ON-TOPIC material in forums and not trolling.

I can't help you with that.

anyway, to be honest, I don't care what google does, they knew the consequences of what they were getting into, and luckily they didn't get any punishment, in the end. Most people in China don't care about google, except for their maps, for search people use Baidu mostly. But having a foreign company come in and lecture the Chinese government on censorship is a bit rich, considering that Google allowed the CIA to use their resources. Resistance to censorship will only come from inside, external pressure will only be counterproductive and people's annoyance with censorship is far from a breaking point (meaning, at least decades away).

Again, you are not really initiating any real discussion. You are just throwing out random reports about what is going on in China and demanding people respond. And worse, you are clearly targeting certain members of this board.

You are not welcome here. You contribute nothing positive to this place. I'm sincerely hoping you will choose to stop posting here.

There. See? I knew you could do it. *pats head*

Now, here's another one for you. What do you think about this report out of Chiland about the enemy in Afghanistan training monkeys to use guns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7GIl4zKrV8

well are you actually going to debate about google or just post random stupid unrelated youtube videos? I DONT CARE ABOUT MONKEYS WITH GUNS

It's the general thread. That is where I had thought others and I have and could post general topics. The report has nothing to do with Chiland, but is actually a satire, unless I am mistaken. But excellent reporting in the spirit of the Onion.

My view on the Google in Chiland? Go for it! After all, the Indians and others don't want to buy Chiland made routers anymore, for security concerns. That's the real story out of all of this.

Chiland?

BM's right; in fact, Google is being sued by the EU for sucking up Europeans' internet history data and cache information via wireless while roaming around to collect photos for Street View. It's in no position to lecture anyone.

Back