đź”· Open Thread

There's no point to metrication if "your bottle of Coke says '591 mL' instead of '20 fl. oz.'" The whole point of the metric system is to simplify measurements.

Gotta go big/all-in or go home.

I-91 north of Springfield had remnants of dual signage up to about 10 years ago.

We should convert all temperatures to Celsius now. It's the easiest thing to jump on and it makes complete sense.

0 is freezing, 100 is boiling.

But how do we do it? Make it illegal for the weather channel to use Fahrenheit? Seems like this one would be completely up to whenever the media wants to start using it.

22-sol_urban-density-conso_023.jpg

I can't believe Washington and Chicago rank better than Boston on that chart. Chicago has such significant sprawl incorporated into the city limits that I'm utterly shocked it does so well.

Hmm. I think it was New York? Hampsted or something? I was just looking around searching about "complete streets" and found this little town doing things right.

That is BEAUTIFUL and such a great layout. I love the clearly defined bike lane and parking lane. The crosswalk bumpout is really great too and completely relieves the issue of people parking in front of one.

Ah, I see.

EDIT: Oh, my God, what's that crawling up the Zakim?
By adamg - 4/1/11 - 11:06 am

HA! I saw it last night at about 6:45ish AM! Suck it Adammmm!

Anyways, no explanation? Is it indeed April Fools?

Ah, I see.

EDIT: Oh, my God, what's that crawling up the Zakim?
By adamg - 4/1/11 - 11:06 am

HA! I saw it last night at about 6:45ish AM! Suck it Adammmm!

Anyways, no explanation? Is it indeed April Fools?

We don't really know if it is part of the April Fools. It's just weird.

Back