🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Anyone have any updates on redevelopment of Middlesex County Courthouse?

a friend emailed me with a kindly reminder; the as-yet-unreleased draft of the Municipal Harbor Plan is on the agenda for discussion at next Wednesday's meeting.

i'll be there to show support for the Harbor Garage project.

^This is not the appropriate thread for this discussion. In fact, the thread that would be appropriate for it has been locked by the moderator because it tended to fill up with arguments without there ever being any new information added. Please don't start up those same arguments here.

(I know that's your first post MagicMan, and I'm not trying to discourage you from posting. Just know that this particular thread is for asking for info about long-dormant projects.)

Go to that linked map: the Tremont Crossing project is bordered, in order, by the Whittier Street Health Center, Madison Park Vocational School, Madison Park Community Center, Good Shepherd Church, Whittier St, and Tremont St. This is all fairly easy to find on the BRA page for this project, along with plenty of other info.

28252602586_cf08b7af85.jpg

^^Thanks. i figured it was probably that wooded parcel. Wow.

The design requirments are very tough. not to scale, but getting close.

Shooting for 150,000 sq ft over the BRA's recommendation. Not that this would ever happen, but sinking part of Milk St, bus loading loop and new Garage entrance/exit/s below grade could make the creation of 80,000 sq ft of seamless park space possible. Fire access via Central St.

With this configuratioin you'd have >50% the units with spectacular views of the Greenway, public markets, Custom House, etc. Creating a high number of unobstructed views of the Harbor isn't easy, Because of shade considerations at Long Wharf. You have to keep the tower on the south side of the site. Even then, you might have to slice the corner at the northeast side near the top to maintain no shade over Long Wharf before Oct 23rd insanity. not a true render from the Chiofaro Co, but...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=134302128&postcount=830

Last edited:
Does anybody know ANYTHING about parcel E between 50 liberty and 1 marina park drive? Anything at all...

Also has there ever been talk of adding more tracks to north station? There seems to be some room, although tight, but I haven't heard anything about this happening in the future at all.

Exactly, its very weird that there has been zero news about this. It appears that 50 libertys basement will be shared with this parcel so my guess is that once that is finished we will hear some news finally.

Exactly, its very weird that there has been zero news about this. It appears that 50 libertys basement will be shared with this parcel so my guess is that once that is finished we will hear some news finally.

Well, the same developer fully built out and capped the underground portion of One Harbor Shore Drive without any news about the future plans for that site, so I wouldn't hold my breath. I suspect they'll do the same thing here: finish 50 Liberty, then finish the attached underground garage at 10 Fan Pier Boulevard, then wait.

One harbor shore is kind of in no mans land at the moment though. This is surrounded on all sides, I wouldnt expect it to stay like that long.

I am hoping at least one of these is a hotel. Room prices are ridiculous in the area even when there's no convention in town...

Had some colleagues in last week from NY. Booked at Longwood Marriott who overbooked and told them no rooms available. Called over 50 hotels with no availability. Closest was Providence. Ended up sleeping on the floor of a conference room at the office. We definitely need more hotel rooms.

bummed another flat top box that will do nothing for the skyline cept add a little height ;(

It has a crown and it aligns perfectly with the high spine as well as matching the height.

I'd be happy for another type of slant ,an antenna/spire rounded top anything but another flat top!

Back