🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

This is what should have been built at 111 Huntington - with the thick base of the architectural top reaching 300m (and getting our supertall). Then we could have gone back to doing 180~230mn the last of our skyscraper parcels as we do quite well.

I'll continue to take the position that people who claiim we're going to pull a high number, say a dozen or two more skyscraper parcels out of the high spine; when you consider infrastructural barriers, costs, FAA limits, historical and other significant contemporary buildings now put to good use, shadows over green patches and other considerations such as the politics that go with building tall in some parts of some neighborhoods where you would be doing that - are in error.

Due to the complexities of permitting and building, the current cycle is going to take a 'bit longer' to complete. But after that, there's going to be a significant pause of the scale of height/s we're seeing in the 10 or so buildings currently planned for over 150m.

In any case, this is a very exciting time; Boston is showing it's might! i welcome a small-scale Vancouverization.

I agree, I'v never really been a huge fan of 111. The building itself is nice but the crown doesn't fit the area. That would have looked great there. O well tho coulda shoulda woulda, still love Boston.

I agree, I'v never really been a huge fan of 111. The building itself is nice but the crown doesn't fit the area. That would have looked great there. O well tho coulda shoulda woulda, still love Boston.

Stick -- I'm surprised that a veteran ABer like yourself didn't see the familial resemblance

111 Huntington is Mrs. Pru -- the "crown" is her tiara -- it goes with his top hat -- Mr. and Mrs. Pru are surrounded by their Pru children -- including 2 younguns in the past couple of years

;)

Haha thats classic. I do kno tho that it was a Menino requirement and there was a few different renders I remember but ultimately menino wanted the "tiara" haha. I do like how the pru and hancock are the central high spine and copley, 111, and 1 dalton will make a new offset high spine.

Its under construction. Should be above ground in a couple months. Then the fun begins. I want it to get going but it doesn't need to hurry up we can enjoy the process as it goes up and make sure you get down there to take in the views because the old Boston is about to be gone forever.

Fitting the area depends on the viewing angle. The crown looks totally appropriate when viewed from Mass Ave, with the Christian Science Mother Church dome in the foreground.

Fitting the area depends on the viewing angle. The crown looks totally appropriate when viewed from Mass Ave, with the Christian Science Mother Church dome in the foreground.

I have always liked it but it should have been taller than the Pru

Anyone have a sense of what is going on between the railroad tracks and the existing buildings on Cambridge Park Drive ? There used to be a sea of parking lots and it looks as if there might be a new parking garage with some additional construction

Anyone know whats up with that tower that was going to go up near the mass art treehouse tower. I cant remember the name but it was tall, pissed off a lot of people, lots of precast, and was going to be tucked in between a couple brownstones off the main path (huntington ave).

45 Worthington St.?

The BRA website just shows LOI as project status not even under review yet

Anyone know what's up with that tower at the corner of Stuart and Tremont in the theater district?

Should be a topic in the "Design a Better Boston" threads. "Where is more height appropriate in Boston" or something like that.

We already have a "What's Left to Build On?" thread in DABB that is perfect for this (and that I think this exact conversation has been had in).

any news on this tower? It's been almost a year since the thread was updated.

c4qQOS0.jpg

So, what's the scoop on Fenway Center? Is that making headway? Or has reality finally set in for Rosenthal?

Two projects that I'm wondering about: the Wentworth Innovation Center/tower, and the Northeastern University Bernstein-Rubenstein tower.

Back