🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Haymarket hotel to break ground in spring

parcel-9.png

https://northendwaterfront.com/2017/07/haymarket-hotel-parcel-9-break-ground-spring-2018/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I couldn't find an appropriate thread for this so I assumed here worked.
Has anyone been by the Vault development going up in Lynn?
http://www.bldup.com/projects/the-vault
BLDUP says it's nearly finished but I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on here about this. Would love to see some pics of this to see how it turned out.

Changing my post completely.

Re: Martin's Park, here's an update from yesterday's Boston City Council meeting, courtesy of Councilor Michelle Wu:

Martin’s Park: The Mayor submitted an order to transfer certain city-owned parcels at Sleeper Street and Seaport Boulevard to the Parks Department for the design and construction of Martin’s Park. The park will be open to the public and dedicated to Martin Richard, whom we lost in the Boston Marathon bombings but whose short life continues to inspire us all.

I couldn't find an appropriate thread for this so I assumed here worked.
Has anyone been by the Vault development going up in Lynn?
http://www.bldup.com/projects/the-vault
BLDUP says it's nearly finished but I'm surprised I haven't seen anything on here about this. Would love to see some pics of this to see how it turned out.

I haven't been up there in a while but their ads are all over my social media

I haven't been up there in a while but their ads are all over my social media

Speakin of it being all over social media, I found a photo of this thing on someone's Instagram story
lapkrjc.png

It looks nice but seems like a pretty dead street wall.

Not sure where to put this but it looks like the Intermission Tavern is closing, allowing the property to be redeveloped.

http://bostonrestaurants.blogspot.com/2017/08/intermission-tavern-in-bostons-theater.html?m=0

My read is that the tavern isn't necessarily closing; it's closing if its building is sold and if the new owner doesn't want it there.

That lot is only 1,429 square feet. That's tiny. For comparison, the Marriot Moxy site down the street is over 4 times as big. I have a really hard time seeing anything significant built there, if anything at all.

It's hard for me to see anyone offering as much money as Emerson has/will, although I don't know the particulars of what kind of height or parcel combining would be allowed here.

I also would not like to see Emerson destroy more of the existing businesses in the neighborhood.

Shame about the IT potentially being closed in the potential future, but it has gone really downhill since the owner died and I haven't heard good things from the people I know that are connected to the bar.

It's probably time for that stretch of road to get cleared out. The Tam is also kind of a joke nowadays. They're selling Tam beer coozies for $5 and T-shirts for $20. It's become a tourist destination as one of the last dive bars left downtown.

Shame about the IT potentially being closed in the potential future, but it has gone really downhill since the owner died and I haven't heard good things from the people I know that are connected to the bar.

It's probably time for that stretch of road to get cleared out. The Tam is also kind of a joke nowadays. They're selling Tam beer coozies for $5 and T-shirts for $20. It's become a tourist destination as one of the last dive bars left downtown.

Honestly, I think most of the people who've bought the coozies are the regulars. So far as I'm aware, they are not selling t-shirts, although there was a single order of hats. Besides which, they're not selling them most of the time. I won't go into further detail on that. But if you think it's always packed with tourists rather than locals, it *really* depends on day/time.

Yes, the IT has gone downhill. The food is worse, and the new manager is causing staff to bail.

The Vault, Lynn

Expected occupancy September 1st.

Studio, 402 SF, $1,550
1-bedroom, 578 SF, $1,725
2-bedroom, 948 SF, $2,000

20170814_193749-e1502754798935.jpg

LYNN’S VAULT IS LOCKING UP TENANTS
By Thomas Grillo, The Daily Item

LYNN — It didn’t take long to lease the luxury apartments at one of the most iconic buildings in the city.

The developer of The Vault, a 47-unit apartment building at Central Avenue and Willow Street, better known as the Flatiron Building, said he’s leased nearly 90 percent of the eight-story brick building. On Friday, there were just six units left on the MLS Property Information Network, the Shrewsbury-based listing service.

Joseph Donovan, vice president of the MG2 Group, the Quincy company which bought the 103-year-old property in 2014 for $2 million, said he’s not surprised.

“We were always projecting to be fully occupied by the first of September,” he said. “We were confident that the relative value of those units would do very well in the downtown location.”

Marketing began a few months ago with ads for a mix of studios, and one- and two-bedrooms priced from $1,300 to $2,200.

“People are looking at the relative value,” Donovan said. “If you go one commuter stop closer to Boston the rents are that much higher.”

1. Never been inside the Vault; can't comment. 2. The bank vault is still intact in this building, first floor. Looks very cool from street.

3. Thank you for update on Warren; I happened to walk by today after a long absence and they do seem to be (finally) putting in the interiors. Granite was being unloaded from trucks and windows look ready to go in. A decade.

Back