🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Any word on this?

321-harrison_block-freeway2.jpg

Is anything happening in or around Assembly Square? I expected more activity by now with all the proposals there.

What are all the proposals? I didnt kno there was much going on or planned since the last stuff wrapped up.

The BPDA approved 567 units today and scheduled 144 Addison + Rio Grande for the next meeting

Does anyone remember hearing about a plan a few years ago about a bunch of students who were going to dump clams or oysters in the Charles River in an effort to clean it? I remember them saying they weren't sure if the clams/oysters would survive.

Has anyone heard any follow up on that?

I thought they switched that plan to dump human bodies in the river, specifically young adult males

Does anyone remember hearing about a plan a few years ago about a bunch of students who were going to dump clams or oysters in the Charles River in an effort to clean it? I remember them saying they weren't sure if the clams/oysters would survive.

Has anyone heard any follow up on that?

Did you also read the article about NYC doing that this morning?

- MassMutual (Fan Pier)
- Ink Block
- 1000 Boylston (Mass Pike parcel 15)

1252 boylston?

Itll be nice to at least get that end of Boylston finished.

33cf29a8-de21-11e8-a30f-3d2dd43d471b.jpg

They finally have a sign and name for the project I posted earlier this month.

MITMCo West Campus Drainage Project - Talbot Street Outfall

They've also started driving some sheet piles for a cellular cofferdam, and brought in a barge.

Just what we need, more Charles River outfall ;)

09jan2019_crane_01.jpg

09jan2019_crane_02.jpg

Last edited:
Do they eventually plan to reopen the lanes on Memorial Drive for the project above? The abrupt lane drop causes many awkward merges. I would hate for that to be permanent.

Has anyone seen the work going on above Lucky's in Fort Point? Looks like an addition.

On the Brookline side of Comm Ave. in the BU West Campus area, there's a row of vacant storefronts (in the vicinity of 1026 Comm. Ave) with scaffolding/construction tarps covering them. This, in itself, is nothing too notable - until I noticed a ~4-5 story concrete core rising up behind the storefronts. Is this being redeveloped? Any renders?

Back