🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Anyone know wtf this is about? I think its nothing, but cool either way.

http://www.byencore.com/tall-building/

Why would you remove my post concerning the article in the Commonwealth about the Aquarium spending $420,000 in nonprofit funds to lobby against Harbor Garage development in a thread called "What's Happening With Project X? "

Really? That's the whole point in finding out what is going on with the project.

ML Strategies lobbying fees hit record level in 2018

The company, the lobbying arm of the Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo law firm, listed nearly 70 clients in its 2018 report. The four biggest clients in terms of revenue were the New England Aquarium ($420,000), which is locked in a battle with developer Don Chiofaro over his proposed waterfront tower

https://commonwealthmagazine.org/st...egies-lobbying-fees-hit-record-level-in-2018/

The aquarium that crys no money is spending a boat load of money to lobby against private development that will only make the Greenway a better place to be. I would like to know who is actually funding the Aquarium on this.

How can the leaders and the board of directors at the Aquarium justify this type of action? Spending 1/2 Million on lobbyists as their seals swim in a fiber glass box.

Yeah we would rather give your money to lawyers than actually create a better life for the mammals

Last edited:
believe it or not.... its the old render from 2015......

The Long Wharf side (North Tower( is correctly shadow angled, ~540' is mostly hidden from this perspective, w/ the Harbor Towers side (South Tower) ~600 shown, and its angled roof in the opposite orientation to give continuity with the North Tower.

I assumed it was an obsolete design. Certainly a major loss.

I assumed it was an obsolete design. Certainly a major loss.

Yeah it looks awesome, almost a mixture between 30 and 35 hudson yards in NYC. This level of architecture for highrises never comes to fruition in Boston...

BPDA has released the bids for 24 Drydock Ave. Not sure if there is a thread for that?

What's up with the MassMutual Fan Pier office? It's approved, and has a committed tenant, yet zero activity.

any progress at the Four Seasons site?
wondering if this tower is cladded before Jan 1 2020.

Yea its almost done, at least 2 sides are done I havent thought to look at the third when I was on that side. Crane should be coming down in short order

Anyone know wtf this is about? I think its nothing, but cool either way.

http://www.byencore.com/tall-building/

by-encore is a site run by a French, architectural renderer, contemporary artist living in Brooklyn. If this was an official render by KPF, a KPF logo should appear on the image. There is none. And the shadows are wrong.
Edit: I thought about this render a bit more, and perhaps it was quickly sketched up by KPF to show Don what one of the conceptual designs might look like as seen from an office high up in IP. AFAIK, neither Don nor KFP ever publicly released such a render, so he may not have liked it.

Last edited:
Looks nice to me...love to see more angles. I’d guess that the render is 600’ as well.

Whats up with the antenna on 1 Dalton? Was this just a rumor? Or are we going to wake up the day before the crane comes down to a new spire? Its either happening soon or its not happening.

Whats up with the antenna on 1 Dalton? Was this just a rumor? Or are we going to wake up the day before the crane comes down to a new spire? Its either happening soon or its not happening.

It's a rumor that started because someone looked at the FAA filing for the project and it has a permanent antenna height structure in the filing... this could be several things:

1. Filed prematurely (as in we might do this someday, so we want to permit for it now).
2. Filed mistakenly (as in, it was the crane height and someone goofed)
3. Filed correctly but weirdly (perhaps if a structure is going to be up long enough it needs to be marked "permanent" regardless of whether it's actually temporary... that crane has been up near the top for quite a while so it's possible)

There's been zero confirmation of an antenna. It was not put through the BPDA process with an antenna. My opinion is there is no antenna and a few of our height crazy fetishes vastly over analyzed the filing.

Why would you need antenna on One Dalton when there already are antennas on the Pru? Because the Four Seasons condo owners and the hotel needs the rental income for the balance sheets?

There's been zero confirmation of an antenna. It was not put through the BPDA process with an antenna. My opinion is there is no antenna and a few of our height crazy fetishes vastly over analyzed the filing.

Agreed. None of One Dalton's rendering showed an antenna. Granted, MT does have a small antennae on top that was never shown in a rendering so if there is one, it would mostly be small and insignificant, not to the extent of the Pru's antenna as someone here had suggested. That being said, scenario 1 is a possibility since the Pru was initially built without it's distinct antenna which was added later.

can't find the correct thread, but the north Quincy T station parking lot has been closed to start the new development as of this week

It's a rumor that started because someone looked at the FAA filing for the project and it has a permanent antenna height structure in the filing... this could be several things:

1. Filed prematurely (as in we might do this someday, so we want to permit for it now).
2. Filed mistakenly (as in, it was the crane height and someone goofed)
3. Filed correctly but weirdly (perhaps if a structure is going to be up long enough it needs to be marked "permanent" regardless of whether it's actually temporary... that crane has been up near the top for quite a while so it's possible)

Great, thank you. This facade is too clean and purposeful to be ruined by an antenna thrown on top. That would clash with the design. Thanks for finally putting this to rest.

Back