🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Honestly, with how wide the roads are in the Seaport, why hasn't anyone thought of putting surface level trolleys running through the area? I just came back from Melbourne and Sydney and they do an amazing job integrating trolleys with surface traffic and if there's one place to have them in Boston, it's the seaport since it's pretty gridded. Have them run from Aquarium and South Station. And yes I know the Silver Line runs from South Station but the Silver Line is a sorry excuse of a "public transit line"

You do have the 7 bus which runs right down Summer. Given how wide it is, yeah, it might be tough to beat that with a trolley.

What the Seaport really needs is a subway tunnel, obviously that's not going to happen.

I still fail to see why they can't run more Silverline buses and call it a day.

Obviously the solution is to just put up some giant nets and shoot people out of cannons to and from South Station. Very fast for the survivors, less traffic for everybody else. Problem solved.

Honestly, with how wide the roads are in the Seaport, why hasn't anyone thought of putting surface level trolleys running through the area? I just came back from Melbourne and Sydney and they do an amazing job integrating trolleys with surface traffic and if there's one place to have them in Boston, it's the seaport since it's pretty gridded. Have them run from Aquarium and South Station. And yes I know the Silver Line runs from South Station but the Silver Line is a sorry excuse of a "public transit line"

Unless you're talking about dedicated trolley lane which wouldn't integrate with surface traffic, I'm not sure what the benefit of that is over buses. Also, going from Aquarium to South Station would just be through Atlantic Ave, not the Seaport (assuming you meant the direct straight-shot route).

Unless you're talking about dedicated trolley lane which wouldn't integrate with surface traffic, I'm not sure what the benefit of that is over buses. Also, going from Aquarium to South Station would just be through Atlantic Ave, not the Seaport (assuming you meant the direct straight-shot route).

Yes, dedicated trolley lanes. Melbourne has them running throughout downtown with car lanes restricted to one lane on each side. And no, I'm talking about a circuitous route, South Station to Seaport to Aquarium to South Station, running up and down Atlantic Ave, Summer St and Seaport Blvd. Given how wide Atlantic Ave is, you can also run the trolley all the way to North Station instead of Aquarium.

If there's enough room for on street parking, there's enough room for a separated trolley ROW...

The transit problems in the Seaport are on the city and state as you say. I don't get the "fuck them" [those in the Seaport] part of your statement though. We're going through the same difficulties of going out and back in with all the congestion and there are vocal groups who attend public meetings to express the need for improvements. I can tell you that transit solutions are very important would be greatly appreciated by the stakeholders here.

I was saying fuck them to the people who choose to live down there because people paying that much probably think the T is beneath them anyway. I do feel for the businesses and workers in the seaport but the businesses chose to be there.

I was saying fuck them to the people who choose to live down there because people paying that much probably think the T is beneath them anyway. I do feel for the businesses and workers in the seaport but the businesses chose to be there.

I don’t think that’s quite accurate, but considering that stuff like THIS happens on the T (from yesterday), hard to blame ‘em.

Shitty people are making the T shitty in part by taking shits on the T.

Edit: I know this isn’t really on topic, but too good to pass up.

Solution for Traffic and affordable housing:

What if a developer along with the MBTA propose a Mega development condo/family complex located on a MBTA transit line in and around downtown Worcester that can get into Boston in 15-20 min direct shot. Rapid Transit

This would help build up Worcester as a community and possibly relieve traffic.
Instead of everybody building ontop of everything in and around Boston.

The development could be shaped like an Assembly row along with being in and close to Worcester downtown to help revitalize the area in a positive way.

Maybe even think of the concept for Springfield MA also.

Its just getting groups of people in and out of Boston efficiently. Then nobody would really care about living close to the city.

Was on the Greenway last weekend and love the overall area but Harbor Garage and the entire Aquarium looks like Dog shit compared to the overall area.

Its a disgrace the groups that continue to fight the developer on changing this area for the better.

That part of the Greenway really SUCKS---
Also saw the Seals swimming in the Fiberglass window back and forth. Awesome for them.

The Aquarium either needs a major overhaul or needs to move from this prime property.
The Imax needs to be knocked down. The area is depressing--

286-290 tremont says start date dec 31. Any word?

286-290-Tremont-Street-Tower-Chinatown-Boston-Affordable-Housing-Hotel-Parking-Community-Space-Library-Millennium-Partners-Asian-CDC-Corcoran-Jennison-Tufts.jpg

Does anyone know if the 2014 massive makeover plan for Quincy Market is dead or still in the planning process?

The Sephora building is obviously complete, but I haven't heard anything else about the plan to turn the Central Market into a bar/lounge.

Whatever happened to the proposal for the corner of Atlantic Ave and Seaport Blvd? I thought that was shaping up as a good one, and on a lot that could really use some love.

edit; oops my bad.....

88 Seaport has been on my mind. i was going to include "88" in a post along with many other projects yesterday. But i accidentally closed the page before posting.

With a recession appearing exceedingly likely to break before the end of the year, 490,000 square feet seems a lot of space to add in the late market cycle.

i wonder if it gets recycled and comes back as a pair of residential towers.

Last edited:
There's earth being moved on the site, but it seems to be for resurfacing the parking lot :/

The James Hook lot. I'm assuming it's the address you're referring to. If so - Boo.

The James Hook lot. I'm assuming it's the address you're referring to. If so - Boo.

You are correct (James Hook). They are talking about Seaport parcel D (88 Seaport Blvd).

Sorry but I have the same question as you. What's UP.?

Back