🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

How is 10 fan pier not u/c yet? Wtf is going on? For as fast as construction is going, the seaport boom started at fan pier, it should be finished...

Screen_Shot_2018-08-25_at_12.04.03_AM.png

any movement on these?
217 Albany St
Filed for NPC with the BPDA to change the unit mix. No exterior changes, so should be approved fairly quickly.
How is 10 fan pier not u/c yet? Wtf is going on? For as fast as construction is going, the seaport boom started at fan pier, it should be finished...
This is in MassDEP permitting, public comment deadline is in April so should start quickly after that.

Anyone know if the back bay garage could aquire the copley towers height allowance? Seeing as its on the other side of the street. I know in ny you can buy air rights to use on a nearby project.

Does anyone kno if this taller tower is gonna happen or is that a pipe dream?

Volpe-Center-Parcel-Redevelopment-Kendall-Square-Cambridge-MIT-Elkus-Manfredi-Architects-Office-Residential-Retail-Educational-Laboratory-Entrepreneurship-Incubator.jpg

Smokin' that pipe of dreams pretty hard this morning, I see ;-)

Screen_Shot_2018-08-25_at_12.04.03_AM.png

Is that Mass Mutual? If so I’ve been wondering the same thing myself.

Its funny...once you hit old age and health problems develop, the question "will I live to see any of this" becomes non-rhetorical.

Just like I thought 50 years ago that we'd have gone to Mars by now, I thought Boston would be more interesting today. But at the same time, just as 50 years ago I couldn't see the joys of the internet, personal computing, and cable, Boston has improved in many ways that I never guessed at.

Well, there you go.

Just like I thought 50 years ago that we'd have gone to Mars by now, I thought Boston would be more interesting today.

Indeed. My moment of wonder about Boston becoming a skyscraper city was seeing the 1981~84 boom, wondering how high and dense the High Spine would be, and how far the Seaport could go.

But, by the time Don Chiofaro proposed 1 International Place, a nimby rebellion was now underway. We started hearing all the catch phrases, like 'shadows,' 'scale,' 'public realm,' 'Athens....' it would become even more radicalized, with the polished calls for squatness. But, Flynn's announcing an end to highrises topping 399' or whatever and the battle for 1 I.P. was a blow. And so it remained until ~2013.

So Viola, parcel 13, back in 2015 were were all mad that it was supposed to start all the way in 2019... well its 2019, any word? Lets (finally) get this air rights party started!

01.122.07.002.jpg

viola-back-bay-boston-ma-primary-photo.jpg

Viola-Back-Back-3.jpg

^ agreed. i always thought this would be the first air rights to break "ground" (?)

now it seems a toss up

query #2. what's the deal with these?

Sullivan Courthouse
071917i_Edward_J._Sullivant_courthouse_rendering.0.jpg

104 Canal St
104-Canal-Street-hotel-rendering.jpg

380 Stuart St
150803stuart-street-viewhalf_750xx1650-2195-0-475.jpg

40 Trinity Pl
40_trinity_place.png

Any word on the condo building on Huntington Ave adjacent to the old BU Theater?

I'm probably among the minority on this board, but I'd be fine with none of these projects ever coming to pass.

Im not a fan of 380 Stuart at all, but thats not what 40 Trinity is supposed to look like anymore.

40trinity.0.png

1_40-Trinity_970x500.jpg

3.jpg

Canal St would be fine with me.

I hope Stuart St dies on the vine.

^^Yes and yes....

40 Trinity blocks the JHT for proper postcard pics across the Common/PG.

Other than that, it's fine.

^ That's the one I've been wondering about. Didn't know its name.

if it's "no longer available," as indicated, does that mean it's been sold or that it's simply off the market for the time being?

Back