🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Re 321 Harrison Ave: There's a sign advertising space in it on the old Teradyne building. Suspect it's about to start or underway already.

Re 321 Harrison Ave: There's a sign advertising space in it on the old Teradyne building. Suspect it's about to start or underway already.

It is underway. There had been demolition work and other activity hidden inside the garage.

Anyone know when were gonna see the 2nd tower start? Its a residential right?

Is there anything planned for that massive parking lot in the north end abutting the greenway? The one next to the Callahan tunnel. Ive never seen a proposal for this lot, but I dont know why or what the hold up is. Its HUGE, whats goin on here?

it's been discussed on here before. the most recent "update" that i can recall is that it's city/government (bpd i think?) owned and used and unlikely to be developed anytime soon.

Damn, if that were filled then once blackstone market and a couple others go up both sides would be pretty close to finally being continuous street walls. Were getting close.

Also I know its beating a dead horse now but when I was in the area the other day I was visualizing the aquarium garage open to the water and that along with Long and Rowes Wharf are the few openings we can have to the harbor from the greenway and its very important to the final vision. The aquarium garage really is the central most prominent spot thats really going to be Bostons front door to the harbor. I cant wait we need to get this done for the good of the city. It really will become like I said the front door to the water.

Also I know its beating a dead horse now but when I was in the area the other day I was visualizing the aquarium garage open to the water and that along with Long and Rowes Wharf are the few openings we can have to the harbor from the greenway and its very important to the final vision. The aquarium garage really is the central most prominent spot thats really going to be Bostons front door to the harbor. I cant wait we need to get this done for the good of the city. It really will become like I said the front door to the water.

Stick, it'll boil your blood to read this (as it did mine), but here's an update that the CLF provided a couple weeks ago. Note that there's an important legal hearing TOMORROW (May 2), as noted in the article:

https://northendwaterfront.com/2019...wntown-waterfront-municipal-harbor-planvideo/

To be honest as far as my own opinion I just want the garage gone tower or not. I wouldnt care if nothing was built there. This is where it gets tricky though, because Chiofaro needs 600ft to make a profit, so as of now its 600ft tower or garage stays. If thats the only 2 options then Id go tower every time. I hope they dont force inaction on the tower which by default means the garage stays, but its looking like it. Itll be interesting to see what happens at the meeting.

To be honest as far as my own opinion I just want the garage gone tower or not. I wouldnt care if nothing was built there.

Yes Stick, hence my original comment. There is no 'blue way' if there is no tower, period.

I'm still totally baffled by the abandoned Star Market-owned gas station across from the Pierce in the Fenway. It's now been sitting in its run-down untouched state for over two years after Star Market dropped $17 mill on it. Anybody heard any whispers?

Even if they aren't yet ready for development you'd think at the very least they'd tear down the unused gas pump canopy and boarded up old vacant retail building. Maybe they're afraid of what they'll find when they start digging?

If Samuels owned that lot there'd be at least a beer garden there by now, if not a burger joint or something. My hunch is that they had to shut down the Dunkin to comply with a non-compete clause they likely have with the Starbucks in their grocery store.

I know next to nothing about this, but it doesn't seem like even the market is long for that site; could they just not be sitting on it until a bigger fish comes along and buys everything from the corner to Kilmarnock?

I'm still totally baffled by the abandoned Star Market-owned gas station across from the Pierce in the Fenway. It's now been sitting in its run-down untouched state for over two years after Star Market dropped $17 mill on it. Anybody heard any whispers?

Even if they aren't yet ready for development you'd think at the very least they'd tear down the unused gas pump canopy and boarded up old vacant retail building. Maybe they're afraid of what they'll find when they start digging?

If Samuels owned that lot there'd be at least a beer garden there by now, if not a burger joint or something. My hunch is that they had to shut down the Dunkin to comply with a non-compete clause they likely have with the Starbucks in their grocery store.

I'd imagine they would've gone through environmental testing on the soil to monitor for leaks before the transaction took place, so they would already know if its bad by now. I haven't paid attention to the site, but they could already be in the process of remediation, just in a slower fashion. That being said, its very strange they sunk $17m in a prime spot in a booming neighborhood and haven't made any noise about it. Last time I was around there, the place looked like a dump after walking down Boylston.

Yea normally itd look like theyre sitting on it for better times, but were in the biggest boom...ever. Nows the time if there ever was one. Id expect the grocery store next door should be redeveloped like Boston landing where the grocery store will stay put, but move in to the base of a new tower.

Its weird that neither is u/c and especially the gas station/dunkin because no money is being made here in the mean time. Theres been no renders kicked around or any ideas at all weirdly. I guess well just have to keep waiting until something comes out. Id expect something to definitely come out this year, if not then there must be something wrong that we dont know about.

380 Stuart St
150803stuart-street-viewhalf_750xx1650-2195-0-475.jpg

A friend that works at JH tells me that they are going to sit on this one since they don't need the space right now. When they cleared out of the Seaport building, a lot of people transitioned to working remotely full-time, so they were able to fit everyone into the two existing Back Bay buildings. Also, in the 200 Berkeley building, floors 11-15 and 17-26 are vacant, so they have plenty of room to expand there if the need arises.

• Hook Lobster Development?
  • Haymarket Hotel?
  • Landmark Center?
  • New Balance Track Facility?
  • Fan Pier Parcel H?

Haymarket hotel is waiting for Blackstone Block roadwork to finish (b/c otherwise no space for the market).
Any rumors on the remaining Seaport Square parcels?

Nothing will be built on Haymarket parcel ever during our lifetimes or those of our great-grandchildren.
Are you talking about the actual market or the proposed hotel adjacent to it? Why won't the latter get built? Seems like it's going to happen quite soon.

Sorry, that was a "drive-by" comment without any context.

I just feel as though there have been so many attempts to build there and delays, delays, delays, so I'm just pessimistic.

Are you talking about the actual market or the proposed hotel adjacent to it? Why won't the latter get built? Seems like it's going to happen quite soon.

Back