🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

The Revere Hotel is actually pretty nice inside. It's no looker architecturally, but the rooms and common areas are quality.

The Revere's not going anywhere. It's ugly, but it prints money. There's no good reason for a facade rework either as nobody is booking or not booking there based on the facade.

Also the renovated the hotel and did a shit ton of maintenance work to the garage several years ago.

Well it certainly looks nice inside - nice amenities etc, and I'm sure everything is functional and up to par in all regards except exterior aesthetics. It's just too bad its such an eyesore. I'm not in any kind of position to judge a hotel company/owner. I don't know the ins and outs of making those kinds of decisions. But I feel like if it were my hotel, I'd want it to have a lot more curb appeal than that. Of course that takes money, and if that's the bottom line (which it probably is) then I get it. But man... that's pretty brutal. I digress...

That and one devonshire are RIPE for facadectomies. Not the “blue glass is better than what was there before” kind necessarily either, although its not untrue here too. Id like to see some daring reclads go down that come out incredible. That would be awesome. One devonshire is a substantial tower, so adding some modern very very nice cladding to it would be great.

I do like one post office sq’s reclad with the red cross bracing, even tho its... blue glass, and although I liked it better with the crown I think its a huge improvement and we still dont have much glass...yet. If the revere and one dev are also reclad there really wouldnt be any turds left anymore and wed still have the wide ranging pallette to the skyline. At that time well have all our u/c towers completed too and itd be a huge improvement. One can hope..

Any news with 40 Trinity Place/Raffles Back Bay Tower? Seems like it just flew off the radar.

^^When it got approved two and a half years ago, they said "it's close" but they thought the numbers would allow them to build it. Someone suggested rising construction costs increased risk, and the financing hit a snag.

I do like one post office sq’s reclad.....

Much like MT, when Exchange Place went up the impact was really cool.
Can't wait for 1 POS to shine like a crazy diamond.

Ive never seen the Crowne plaza sale and planned renovation before. Anyone know if this is still on? I think itd be pretty cool.

crowne_plaza_boston_newton_email.jpg

Vs

008e_100929.jpg

http://www.thenewsfunnel.com/press-release/hff-announces-988m-financing-crowne-plaza-boston-newton

Well it certainly looks nice inside - nice amenities etc, and I'm sure everything is functional and up to par in all regards except exterior aesthetics. It's just too bad its such an eyesore. I'm not in any kind of position to judge a hotel company/owner. I don't know the ins and outs of making those kinds of decisions. But I feel like if it were my hotel, I'd want it to have a lot more curb appeal than that. Of course that takes money, and if that's the bottom line (which it probably is) then I get it. But man... that's pretty brutal. I digress...

I don't know, that building has some history. The hotel, which has previously been a Radison and a Howard Johnsons took a lead in transitioning that neighborhood from crack pipes and hookers to an extension of the theater district. There was once a movie theater inside that was particularly popular to patrons of color, and was one of the few downtown locations to actively promote other cultures on the big screen. Later, it became a live stage theater featuring edgier, off broadway type productions. I'd hate to see the building go just because some people hate exposed concrete.

No that is just to keep you from getting hit by falling debris. Seriously, they just let it rot. If it was a private owner I couldn't imagine they would be allowed to just fence it off.

Actually, it was to keep the homeless people from falling down the openings into the garage below after one too many cocktails or whatever.

If the revere and one dev are also reclad there really wouldnt be any turds left anymore......

The Kensington called, and would like to raise you 1 Tremont on the Common. The wider Sheraton tower is also offended. The entire West End is apoplectic. The O'Neill Building is putting its foot down!

^^Even more egregious, they print money at the Sheraton.
Sheraton Boston is in a race to the bottom with Hilton (Turtle Bay, North Shore of Oahu)....
Been ripping off 3 generation of surfers with that dump.

Does anyone have information on development on D Street? Specifically, the lot opposite Element (lot bordered by D, Claflin and Louis Streets). It was cleared a few years back but I haven't read anything.

Anybody -- get any recent pix or construction info on Winthrop / neo-Millennium

25 Atlantic Avenue
25-Atlantic-Avenue-Residences-North-End-Waterfront-Boston-J3-Design-Development-Richard-Walsh-Brothers-Construction-VHB-Francke-French-Architects-Rendering.jpg

88 North Washington Street
nowahotel.jpg

Parcel 9
31dfdce5-3eaa-40ba-853d-11d3c0a2f6a8

150 Kneeland Street
file.jpg

105 West First Street
105-West-First-Street-Proposed-New-Office-Building-Space-South-Boston-Fort-Point-CV-Properties-Stantec.jpg

939 Boylston Street
2016_10_20_03_40_11_122914boylston004.jpg

Well done/thanks; i think you got a nice list.
55 India
104 Canal
They will fill those two lots, nicely.

Thank you for reminding me of 150 kneeland. Last news is that it was approved Oct 11, 2018. No timetable has been set on a start date.

Nice design and appropriate scale, plus fills out the ever growing stuart/kneeland corridor some more.
Lincoln_St.0.jpg

“The Boston Planning & Development Agency on October 11 approved the development of a 21-story, 230-room hotel at the site of the former Splash Ultra Lounge & Burger Bar at 150 Kneeland Street in the Leather District.”

“The approval virtually assures the inn’s development. It will be one of the more significant projects in the neighborhood in a while and certainly one of the tallest.
Hudson does not have a construction timeline yet for the hotel. Stay tuned.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/boston.curbed.com/platform/amp/2018/10/12/17967100/leather-district-hotel-150-kneeland

Commonwealth Pier Revitalization Project -- BPDA has approved it

Is there a thread under that title?

This will be a massive project completely once again transforming the old Pier

Back