🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Hey All,
Would anyone know if plans exist to develop the parking lot next to the Forecaster Bldg? It's the wedge-shaped parcel bounded by Portland, Merrimac, and Friend Streets. This square is primed for drastic change with the gov't ctr garage demo and the new towers going up. Seems like developers would be clambering to get that. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Recall the Bullfinch Triangle is zoned for 99 feet. Many have expressed a desire to NOT see such small minded ant-height sentiment prevail (here)--that instead it will become a nice step up in the form of some type of Flatiron "wedge." But, the contemptible lawyer/s who came to scream about Dock Square--will show up (here as well) with their fellow cronies, and try to stop a reasonable outcome. I have a suspicion this may be at the root of why the lot remains unplanned. The thinking may be; let the urbanization of the area take its normal course, and then push for something proper/ iconic. Who knows?

I didn't want to bump a thread but I had a note for mods: née is French and reflects a feminine object, but the words for building/skyscraper are masculine. Thus, thread headers ought to read né.
You're no doubt used to seeing the word before a woman's maiden name, so the feminine spelling would indeed apply there.

Washington Village? What the hell happened to that?? Land is completely cleared

Has anything been happening recently with the Government Service Center? I remember it being fenced off for a very long time.

Has anything been happening recently with the Government Service Center? I remember it being fenced off for a very long time.
No that is just to keep you from getting hit by falling debris. Seriously, they just let it rot. If it was a private owner I couldn't imagine they would be allowed to just fence it off.

Another Brutalist behemoth that deserves a wrecking ball party, but instead we'll just get to watch salt air, freeze/thaw cycles, pollution, and time do the heavy lifting.

Anyone else notice/get annoyed by the display ads that have made their way onto ArchBoston?

North Quincy:

QuaunQUH-yL0BWyH9IVWmx0eN6zCGQG9gClMoMzPfaxq_X974QJvjprpaKhz4OnZ9Bot1NqO4bPI2sENdejvea-zsKCOeMIuu_VGcnh4KWBsecIszMcBtG92JbspmkK2EyD6Z86m0a_NOPqTA1jW8DJUlqOc6hMHKIDqEoM2zwDsfM2TVQ5tpkHF9GcNfSz2JFNzkQl_a2xHprFo6eqmIIU7VS5WvoTK-sKpkYKbelgSAi-gofPS-fiAhxaHkWkhV7dADNJrEtNqX4iGC_nJXAeSDbYRrVPki6wHMJuu5Dsw8xqdrpjauNgPR-s6C5LoUYahHuYp-AppA_XkvrHLuBN5g5QlVvsEyubczKwZ6evLIeQqQyfwRtB25rsyYPLer1ptAn_S0pJzJwu8vhIFZu8h-Rq5od_EmWvXOo-f8bmm9kZQ3R2sTYyFW_n3M2WLfv3NqtDg2fVvFRvhCHfH9wuWRI3ZQnAl9bnb8Tx2DEhMuX_U59PcSB6UgXOBe5QkR0xsjYp72KtOETU0_aYOjsNQsakeuy5Z60NLOaE6u9z5WLstzhlsVshCHCcl55tVmeIfO99FgGOGtclfRH2G5OLg-tgl7oQ64pzUl8-6TuCgxKu9TDbZKf55tR-WDGqXfkjE2f9zORs1RayE3impbb3JJLJ3tkvhSjzr2KHkz1kBXYH2eKYnyH2en7uqCjwFrGBEcS1uBypUEKhHujJ7vnXg3w=w906-h680-no

Are you talking about the Revere Hotel?
Actually, I just mapped it... yes, that's the one. Anything on that? It seems the only areas Starting at Tremont back to 1 Dalton that have opportunities are sites with decrepit old buildings, garages or unsightly buildings like this.

[edit: So I just googled it further... I had no idea this was actually a contributing member of society, so to speak. Obviously its not a 5-star joint, but it's still nicer than I expected. From the outside it looks very old and dilapidated. Hell, on Google Maps it looks it belongs in a bombed out area of Baghdad circa 1991. I guess that answers my question though. Maybe a face-lift???

Back