🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

There is a rumor that APPLE Tim Cook was interested in square footage in and around the Greenway. Got the information from broker.

Not sure if SST, HG could be in play or possibly they just settle for Winthrop garage development.

There is a rumor that APPLE Tim Cook was interested in square footage in and around the Greenway. Got the information from broker.

Not sure if SST, HG could be in play or possibly they just settle for Winthrop garage development.

For like an Apple store or Apple office space?

Gentle reminder from the top of the thread.

Hey all.

Wondering about some old project that nobody has updated in awhile? Looking for some new info on a long buried thread? Have some new thoughts on a project that that hasn't been discussed in months?

Please don't drag up up old threads just to ask if there is any new info.

If you have new any info on old or stalled projects please feel free to add it into the appropriate thread, no matter how old. Instead please post your questions in this thread and if anyone has any new info we can bring up the old thread and post it in there.

You can also use this thread if you can't find a thread on a new or existing project. We can help find an old thread or start a new one if need be.

Hope this helps.

Edit: To clarify, this isn't a rule per se. Just a polite request.

Does anyone have any idea why the water feature on this memorial has not been turned on all year this year? It's usually on after Memorial Day. City already sick of maintaining it?

I hope this may be an appropriate thread to ask this question.

Old photos for reference:

13321822_10153693915215318_9214083787373340126_n_0.jpg

MFH_PW16_Dedication_05.jpg

In the past 60 years I've noticed Boston government and Boston businesses (e.g. malls) are famous for one particular peculiarity: creating fountains that work as designed for a year and then fall into disrepair, disuse, and waste (sometimes 100 years later someone comes along to restore a couple of them, e.g. those in Victorian-era parks).

In the past 60 years I've noticed Boston government and Boston businesses (e.g. malls) are famous for one particular peculiarity: creating fountains that work as designed for a year and then fall into disrepair, disuse, and waste (sometimes 100 years later someone comes along to restore a couple of them, e.g. those in Victorian-era parks).

Not maintaining infrastructure is one of the non-endearing oddities about Boston and Massachusetts in general. Deteriorating rusty bridges and overpasses everywhere, to the point of having to replace the bridge (e.g. North Washington Street Bridge).

That oddity, plus some others like poor signage and confusing and duplicative street names.

Now that you've mentioned it.. I just thought of a few examples right off the bat: pretty much every fountain in Boston Common & Public Garden at one point or another, Copley Mall fountain, Copley where the Westin is currently, Lafayette. I'm sure there are several, several more examples. What a shame.

Another point specific to the Fallen Heroes Memorial.. they didn't even ever bother to put half the glass panes that are etched with names of fallen servicemen and servicewomen into permanent stands. The below photo shows four permanent stands on the left side. There's also a series of glass panes on the right side that are just stuck into some makeshift temporary movable wooden stand. It's been like that for over a year+. Looks shitty and frankly pretty disrespectful, IMO.

Stuff like this is why I just generally have zero faith in public projects.

Massachusetts-Fallen-Heroes-Memorial-Wreath-Laying.jpg

two good friends of mine -- one from spain (valencia) and one from chicago -- *always* make some comment about how strange it is that boston has so few (and additionally so few FUNCTIONING) fountains.

traveling around it's hard not to notice essentially everywhere i've been that purports to be a "city" -- yes, even including colder climate areas (think chicago's buckingham fountain or nyc's many many beautiful fountains) -- have at least a couple public fountains that are points of pride for the area and kept in immaculate working condition. heck, even cleveland has fountain of youth and the war memorial fountain. brewer fountain is very pretty (and, so far as i know, still back to being functional after a 2010 restoration), but it's quite small and really the only of its kind (i like the public garden fountains, but they're very, very small and often busted).

Also, you cannot copy articles in their entirety. You can get aB into trouble that way. Leaving off the last 2 sentences isn't enough.

^^ FYI that was in reference to (yet another) odurandina off-topic post I just moved out of this thread.

321 Harrison has a big leasing sign up on the side of 1000 Washington Street. But no visible sign of construction activity in the garage.

112 Shawmut is back with the BPDA for a second round of revision reviews. Changes were made to the massing, the street level access and better definition of the second (Boston Chinatown Evangelical Church) and third (50 Herald Street) phases of the PDA.

321 Harrison has a big leasing sign up on the side of 1000 Washington Street. But no visible sign of construction activity in the garage.

112 Shawmut is back with the BPDA for a second round of revision reviews. Changes were made to the massing, the street level access and better definition of the second (Boston Chinatown Evangelical Church) and third (50 Herald Street) phases of the PDA.

thanks. once these projects are complete (along with other South End/Chinatown parcels in that area), maybe there will be more appetite for the I90 air rights

I don't see a thread for it, but here's how that new building at Marina Bay turned out:

29415463208_0af3c2ab32_h.jpg

Thanks for the pic, steve.

Reaction to the completed project:
"Oh goodie!" [/snark]

You could've said that this was located almost anywhere (e.g., Medford or East Boston just to name a couple) and I would've believed you. Copy. Paste.

I don't see a thread for it, but here's how that new building at Marina Bay turned out:

29415463208_0af3c2ab32_h.jpg

Back