🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Yes, very presumptuous, considering what an embarrassment of riches our photographers provide.
It's why i made my "ahem" to be indulgent but, quite inordinately vague,
hoping our prolific, photographer saints might acquiesce (seemingly) of their own accord.

of their own accord).

From Nov 2nd. Yes, they have reached ground level.

IMG_4695 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_4698 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_4702 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Just a kindly reminder
THE GARDEN _____ING GARAGE!
Thanks.
It's called the Alcott. You can find it here. Please try to keep up.

Thanks Beeline!
That name is something i've been avoiding like a deer tick.

Not a lot going on.
IMG_5521 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_5523 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_5522 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_5526 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Thanks, Beeline. I walked through that alley for years to and from work and was hoping they'd actually make it a bit more inviting (there were fancy renders of lights and seating and whatnot in the original proposal).

Since the porta-potty is still a major streetscape element I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it's not finished yet :)

198 Hanover St Piazza on the Greenway?
was this ever completed?

Is there any news on 88 North Washington Street Hotel on Valenti Square?

Back Bay/South End Gateway...? We are now at two years since BPDA approval.

Last I heard on October 18th 2019 was that they are removing a ramp to add more to this project. So I assume, the project as of Oct 18th was in full swing and in planning to get even larger with added office space.

198 Hanover St Piazza on the Greenway?
was this ever completed?

This is where Starbucks was going to go ... so when they killed off that, there wasnt much news about this project since then.

Does anyone know if the development at the Shield Gas station at 620 Broadway has been completed? The google maps hasn't been updated.

Also, any updates on the site of Patsy's Pastries at 176-182 Broadway?

Any word on 88 north washington st?

88NOWA-Hotel.jpg

88 Seaport (Parcel D?)?

Are L3, L5, and L6 shovel ready?

Interesting article on why the Hotel Development at Lewis Wharf was blocked:

"In December of 2017, after the disclosure of Hostetter as one of the dark money donors to Families for Excellent Schools, the Globe published a tough Frank Phillips piece called Philanthropist Funded Trip for Oversight Officials tying Hostetter’s $2 million in contributions to a desire to influence the Baker administration to block a hotel development near Hostetter’s waterfront office. Phillips also reported that Barr had funded travel for two state environmental officials to attend a conference in Europe just as Hostetter was seeking the department’s aid in stopping the hotel project. Phillips wrote that “No authorities have suggested Hostetter did anything wrong. But he is a prime example of how the appearance of conflicts of interest can arise for both private citizens and government officials when an individual involved in civic causes and local development is also a big political donor.” You have to wonder how much spirit would be behind doing a similar story today.
The Globe will be printing stories and conducting forums to drive its education agenda. Given the inherent conflicts of the philanthro-interest group journalism model, the paper risks both its credibility and its reputation."

Full article here:

Guy from another city comes up here to campaign for preservation. Go fuck yourself Kelvin Dickinson

The old Lee pool complex on the Esplanade near MGH was torn down in June. The state "contracted Maryanne Thompson Architects to design what is being called the Esplanade Riverfront Pavilion, a multipurpose recreation center with indoor and outdoor space for athletic and cultural events. The building would also include space for organizations like the Esplanade Association and Hill House. " Boston Guardian
The state wants to build it with private funds and have it connect with the park projects near the state police station next door. I thought I saw a plan once but I can't find anything recent

"build it with private funds" Does that mean they get to wall it off from the public and steal away highly valued real estate for Charlie and his buddies? Gotta keep the poors at bay

I don't think so but they did that with the best seats at the concert and fireworks on the 4th.

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

"build it with private funds" Does that mean they get to wall it off from the public and steal away highly valued real estate for Charlie and his buddies? Gotta keep the poors at bay
As opposed to building it with funds bullied from hard working taxpayers in say North Adams who are really likely to use it on a regular basis -- give it a rest -- in a few hours we'll know whether it is safe for the Commies amongst us to return to the re-treaded Pre-Thatcher-ite former United Kingdom

This thread will not be derailed into any sort of politics, let alone UK politics. Thanks.

Back