🔹 What's Happening With Project X?

Nothing imminent. One fine day in the not so near future, we'll be able to cite the 305' Lobster tower as exhibit A of how it takes up to 24 years to build a 305' hotel in this town.

Given that there's no news, this isn't a question of opposition, but rather financing.

Alexandra Hotel?

Couldn't find any news reports on this since the big approval news from September.
In December the developers "reached an agreement with" (i.e., cut a check to) the owners of an abutting housing development in order to settle a lawsuit the abutters had filed over the project's approval.

Boston Sun

“We have come to a resolution on this matter to avoid any potential delay to this project that will bring a 156-room boutique hotel to Roxbury and the South End, creating jobs and economic activity. We look forward to restoration and architectural reincarnation of this Boston Landmark.”

Not sure where to ask this, but... What's the deal with the lot next to Boston Beer Works? Are there any development plans?

Got to imagine that is a key parcel to build out with the Fenway Center surrounding it.

Not sure where to ask this, but... What's the deal with the lot next to Boston Beer Works? Are there any development plans?

Got to imagine that is a key parcel to build out with the Fenway Center surrounding it.
Isn't that where Scape is going?

The Red Sox own it.

There are no (public) redevelopment plans yet, but I suspect that it fits somewhere into the team's long-term vision for the redevelopment of their ballpark-adjacent property portfolio.

Isn't that where Scape is going?
Scape his the rights to redevelop the lot NW of this on Beacon, not this one on Brookline.

Did I dream this or was there a proposal to redevelop the Holiday Inn landscraper in Coolidge Corner? I ask because I just noticed it was rebranded "The Inn at Brookline" - seems it's no longer owned/run as a Holiday Inn.

Did I dream this or was there a proposal to redevelop the Holiday Inn landscraper in Coolidge Corner? I ask because I just noticed it was rebranded "The Inn at Brookline" - seems it's no longer owned/run as a Holiday Inn.

There was. Didn't go anywhere. Was ugly.

There was. Didn't go anywhere. Was ugly.
I know and am related to (and actually like -- this makes for awkward family gatherings) one of the people who were vocall against doing anything of merit at this site. For all the (justifiable) NIMBY-hatred on here, it's... strange to know one very well and to have to reconcile "this is a nice, well-meaning individual" with "this person really has a radically different notion of what makes boston (or any city) enjoyable to live in."

For all the (justifiable) NIMBY-hatred on here, it's... strange to know one very well and to have to reconcile "this is a nice, well-meaning individual" with "this person really has a radically different notion of what makes boston (or any city) enjoyable to live in."

i wonder if nimby's lean to either side of the car-centric vs MBTA dial.

AB Squad - I have some photo and phasing updates for the WTC renovation and expansion but I can’t find the thread. Does anyone know what it’s been titled?

So Viola, parcel 13, back in 2015 were were all mad that it was supposed to start all the way in 2019... well its 2019, any word? Lets (finally) get this air rights party started!

01.122.07.002.jpg

viola-back-bay-boston-ma-primary-photo.jpg

Viola-Back-Back-3.jpg
LOI submitted to BPDA.
BBJ article:

Anyone know what the timeline for the Motor Mart Garage Redevelopment is?

How 'bout the building on Park Drive in Kenmore? The one at the fart east of the street, bordering Ipswich st.?

From Boston Properties 4th quarter earnings call.

So, if you force me to push from a timing perspective, I think that the 171 Dartmouth Street building is probably the one where we have the most significant conversation with tenants who we know are going to want to make a move from where they currently are we're expand in the city, and so, I'd say that's probably the one of the three that's most likely this cohort.

Back