100 Chestnut Street | Inner Belt | Somerville

Well this sure shot up! Looks like 4 main levels are mostly up, which align with the artists’ building. then double height mechanical penthouse is next. also of course, this is only roughly half the total building in length.

4643BE1D-8116-4491-922B-17EB77BD007E.jpeg

40820008-574C-4F2C-A05A-AFDD0BB17E96.jpeg
833304F5-CFB4-4FA0-B511-3AE70721804F.jpeg

this could definitely have done with being a bit taller and narrower!
Hopefully it turns out alright but doesn't set the tone for the rest of brick bottom.

The 3D render looks like an evil lair from a Nintendo 64-era adventure game. If the black has some texture to it that doesn't appear in the render, I think that would look a lot better, though still of the "mad scientist base" type.

The site says it has 1.1 parking spaces per 1,000sqft -- is that a lot for the neighborhood? To me, it seems a bit short considering how close it is to multiple stations.

I peeked into the construction field office trailer and found this rendering:

building.jpg

It appears to be the "future development" in this site plan from the building's website. Based on the relative floor height, it appears to be housing. Does anyone have any further details on the plans for this lot?

100Chestnut_neighborhood_siteplan-1.png

To orient you, here is a rendering from the building website of the same corner visible on the right in the future development rendering above:

ext5.jpg

Does someone have a link to master plan for Inner Belt? Seems like there is one and several buildings in line...

Back