121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2 | Seaport Square

Hopefully the fad towards "open" office spaces dies and the new office construction market will be healthy again.

I believe the trend towards these new office layouts, with their denser design, is the reason why most of the new buildings going up around the city have been residential with little in the way of office besides a couple in the seaport.

Anyway just a random thought. I don't like were these offices are. I'd much rather be in a tower downtown where I can hop off of the train and be there in a few blocks versus these new places where I have to walk three quarters of a mile to get to the location. Sure the walk is nice in the spring and fall, but would be awful on a humid 90 degree day or on a real cold day in the winter.

Sure parking might be a little cheaper, but you'd still have to deal with crappy traffic in order to have the luxury of paying 350 a month for a parking space.

Hopefully the fad towards "open" office spaces dies and the new office construction market will be healthy again.

I believe the trend towards these new office layouts, with their denser design, is the reason why most of the new buildings going up around the city have been residential with little in the way of office besides a couple in the seaport.

Anyway just a random thought. I don't like were these offices are. I'd much rather be in a tower downtown where I can hop off of the train and be there in a few blocks versus these new places where I have to walk three quarters of a mile to get to the location. Sure the walk is nice in the spring and fall, but would be awful on a humid 90 degree day or on a real cold day in the winter.

Sure parking might be a little cheaper, but you'd still have to deal with crappy traffic in order to have the luxury of paying 350 a month for a parking space.

I'd say the volume of residential development has more to do with the great shortage of housing...

Outstanding post.

Thanks guys; means a lot. :)

The offices at 121 Seaport Blvd. are two blocks away--literally only 500 feet--from the Courthouse "T" Station on the Silver Line (arguably the nicest station on the entire system). You can knock the silver line as much as you want for not being a 'train', but do not deny the fact that it is a legitimate transit connection for this neighborhood. It not only provides a quick, stress-free connection from South Station, but also will soon provide direct connectivity between the blue line and Chelsea beyond Logan Airport.

I'd say the volume of residential development has more to do with the great shortage of housing...

True. That and the move back into cities (aka in the 60s to the 80s cities were seen as dirty and undesirable places to live). Now crime is lower and gentrification has taken hold, therefore the inner city is much more appealing for wealthy folks looking for housing. That, and the fact that traffic keeps getting worse so people don't want long commutes.

Is like its leaning in to tell 101 a secret. So cheeky those two.

cca

I hate the white tiles at the bottom. It's jarring compared to the green on the rest of the building. It looks like a cheap throw-in while the rest of it is pretty good quality.

I hate the white spandrel glass at the bottom. It's jarring compared to the shadow boxes the rest of the building. It looks like a cheap throw-in while the rest of it is pretty good quality.

Fixed, and agreed. By the way ... it is the same quality of exterior materials,the exterior face is still glass. Its what they did with the surface behind that you are having an issue with ... and rightly so. Its a strange choice.

cca

Thats a shadow.

121Seaport_01.jpg

Fixed, and agreed. By the way ... it is the same quality of exterior materials,the exterior face is still glass. Its what they did with the surface behind that you are having an issue with ... and rightly so. Its a strange choice.

cca

It also turned out quite differently than how this render depicted, particularly on the right side (if looking head on) of the building.

There is no interior yet. Give it time.

C5.0.jpg

cdn.vox-cdn.com

Boston-Seaport-Copley-Wolff-7.jpg

worldlandscapearchitect

Boston-Seaport-Copley-Wolff-2.jpg

worldlandscapearchitect

Boston-Seaport-Copley-Wolff-3.jpg

worldlandscapearchitect

07-09-2015_CBT%2C%20Skanska%20USA%2C%20and%20Mayor%20Walsh%20Celebrate%20121%20Seaport%20Groundbreaking_0.jpg

cbtarchitects

2eedfbf8-e922-4b3f-88df-141967abbf9c.1.jpg

skanska

17163013-4d01-45c4-a624-5edc3f002397.1.jpg

skanska

f7940982-4c83-4b66-b52f-260809d4e242.1.jpg

skanska

Any update on retail tenants here? They should be able to deliver the retail podiums by the spring I assume, but haven't heard anything regarding leases.

Back