121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2 | Seaport Square

These glass people are unbearable. Wait until the finishes are in place!

Cool. I make a simple comment and suddenly I am crying in my beer and am unbearable. Thanks internet heroes!

Simply put, I think the green color of the glass looks a lot more like the Manulife building than Skanska's artwork. I could be wrong, but the Manulife building certainly seems like it is built out. If the interior finishing and lighting alter this, then like a million internet points to this project.

437742-Large-manulife-tower-boston-ma-usa-usa-exterior-fullheightview-southeast-facade.jpg

kpj4L0k.jpg

The apparent color of a glass curtain wall changes once the interior is fitted out. Also, renderings frequently make glass curtain walls look much lighter, brighter, and more airy then they turn out in real life.

Both of these things can be true.

I agree that we should wait for the tower to be fitted out before passing final judgement on the glass. But I also think that this tower's glass -- even once the interiors are fitted out -- will end up looking much darker in real life than it does in the renders.

We saw this with 22 Liberty. As the building was going up everyone complained that the dark glass looked nothing like the light blue glass in the renders. Certain board members dismissed these critiques, pointing out that the glass would look different once the building's interiors were fitted out. Then the interiors were fitted out, and the appearance of the glass changed a bit. But in the end, the glass on 22 Liberty still looks much darker and heavier than it did in the renders. I expect the same thing to happen here.

Cool. I make a simple comment and suddenly I am crying in my beer and am unbearable. Thanks internet heroes!

Simply put, I think the green color of the glass looks a lot more like the Manulife building than Skanska's artwork. I could be wrong, but the Manulife building certainly seems like it is built out. If the interior finishing and lighting alter this, then like a million internet points to this project.

437742-Large-manulife-tower-boston-ma-usa-usa-exterior-fullheightview-southeast-facade.jpg

kpj4L0k.jpg

I cry in my beer almost every day. I did not think it was abnormal to do so.

cca

Put me in the column of it looks good and I like it.

Just like with EVERY other development once that last piece of glass goes on the people are going to be like hey this isn't so bad..... Ill quote this when it happens.

Put me in the column of it looks good and I like it.

Just like with EVERY other development once that last piece of glass goes on the people are going to be like hey this isn't so bad..... Ill quote this when it happens.

Put me in the column of liking this building as well - but I do not think that this is going to to be the "Iconic" Seaport building that Walsh et al are looking for.

The glass seems very similar to Manulife to me as well, but I think when fit out will be somewhat lighter. Manulife is fit out inside, but it also has a double facade (although not a real functional one), which would make the interior fit out have less of an impact on the finished exterior to what 121 will.

Not iconic by any means. That I'll agree with. It's nice, it's fine.
The Whiskey Priest building has a much better chance to be iconic. Or, the old design for the Seaport Square parcel diagonal from Pier 4.

Parcel M buildings will stand out for the obvious reasons of being drastically different than everything else, but not iconic by any means.

The icon in the area will stay the BCEC for quite some time I guess.

The glass crown makes the broadside read to me like the old gasometers.

Back