1330 Boylston Street | Fenway

Old renderings:
1350.jpg
1342.jpg

For the most part I like the new rendering's better. The darker color looks alot better in that picture, and will look 300x better on cloudy white days. I drove past here last night, and they were working on the sidewalk or something. They closed down the lanes going into Boston, but traffic wasn't bad because no sox. The skeleton was about 7-8 stories at it's highest.

i liked the old renderings better, but i guess the new ones look better with the surrounding buildings.

Brick beats beigy precast almost everytime. I'm glad they changed it.

Remember people, these are renderings. The real building will look nothing like this :wink:

the brick is gonna look very nice with the glass.

It's crazy how different this area looks in such a short time... I worked over in the Landmark center for a short time and it was a completely different vibe over there than how it is now.

They should wipe out that Shaw's over there and build something similar to this with a bunch of underground parking and bring the Shaw's back on the first floor.

Bobby Digital said:
They should wipe out that Shaw's over there and build something similar to this with a bunch of underground parking and bring the Shaw's back on the first floor.

They should do that to most of those buildings along that stretch of Boylston.

Well, most of them (e.g. McDonald's) don't deserve to survive in any form, but a supermarket is a necessity.

This is actually making a notable impact on the skyline when driving in on the Mass Pike from the west.

8/31.. this baby's just about topped out

img9658vn2.jpg

ruh roh!

img9660hp2.jpg

img9663cf5.jpg

img9664ye8.jpg

img9665kw6.jpg

img9669el0.jpg

img9670fe1.jpg

at least its not dead grass though.

gotta look at the bright side sometimes ablarc!

I am still surprised when walking around the Fenway area to see the impact of the Trilogy building on the pedestrian experience. This is quite possibly to most important/successful redevelopment project in years.

As for Boylston--hostile puts it lightly.

sure, this area is not an urban oasis, but just think back at what we had here just 4 years ago.

definitely an improvement.

Re: ...

Merper said:
sure, this area is not an urban oasis, but just think back at what we had here just 4 years ago.

definitely an improvement.

used to be a whistle neighborhood (as in call 911 if you hear one).

funny that there's a Mc one side and Bk on the other.

Back