2016 Presidential Election (General Election)

Who do plan to support for President in the 2016 Election?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Jill Stein

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^We still have RomneyCare to fall back on. I expect Massachusetts and other liberal states to keep some form of Obamacare. I can take solace in the fact that we live in Massachusetts and the alt-right does not have much of a presence here. I think our everyday lives are impacted as much by the political choices at the state and local level as they are by our federal government.

Yes, we have Romneycare to fall back on here and we're very very fortunate for that, but our brothers & sisters in the rest of the 49 states have nothing to fall back on. We cannot solely think of ourselves and think everything will be ok.

Actually, the Globe wrote about the enduring strength & insulation of Romneycare from the potential federal upheaval today: http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...l-obamacare/bFC9mivzgtlC3c7ElXTUyI/story.html

Yeah, the pre-existing condition thing concerns me. The one thing that upsets me more than the election right now is my recently diagnosed and at times disabling bleeding disorder. Von willibrands disease is genetic, non curable and the only way to afford treatment without insurance is that fortunately the federal government does fund hemophilia treatment centers which only serve hemophiliacs and people with other clotting factor deficiencies (Vwd). I would really prefer my insurance didn't dump me for bleeding.

There are extremes on both sides unfortunately. I've been called all kinds of horrible things over the past few months. While I personally think you have nothing to fear, I have no right to tell you how you should think or feel. All I hope is you do not lump all of us into one bucket. And I never said you provoked any ill treatment.
And the internet is a nasty place I have learned. The older I have got, the less I dive into it or post. I am not sure why I am today after being fairly silent over my ten years here, but I feel like I need to add one rational voice to the conversation. Just my opinion.

Now that I've been to work and seen my other female co-workers are upset (and many women I know have gone into tears over it, myself included) and all the guys (it's mostly men there) were seemingly surprised that the guy they voted for upset us so much. I genuinely do think the majority of Trump supporters weren't aware of the message they were sending us. They thought it was "standing up to the corrupt system" but what we heard was something else. And I'm still trying to make people aware of the message they sent out so we can mend our trust in each other.

So thank you for stepping in that direction. We dont hate team red, we just feel betrayed and abandoned.

On a different subject, I never took into account what Pence meant to the lgbt community until after the election and seeing what gay and trans friends on Facebook are saying, and the same concerns being voiced here. I learned something new. Here I was just thinking of him as the fetus funeral guy. Boy, if I lived under his laws I just would never have sex again. Seems like the best option.

On a different subject, I never took into account what Pence meant to the lgbt community until after the election and seeing what gay and trans friends on Facebook are saying, and the same concerns being voiced here. I learned something new. Here I was just thinking of him as the fetus funeral guy. Boy, if I lived under his laws I just would never have sex again. Seems like the best option.

Thank you for speaking out and having an open mind. <3

It’s Not ‘Melodramatic’ To Fear For Our Safety After This Election
This is real.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ter-this-election_us_5823831ce4b0d9ce6fc08f1c

Last edited:
I'm also a gay man and I still hold out hope that Trump won't infringe on LGBT rights. He has not spoken much about the issue and he has held up a ram-bow flag before. Maybe i'm too much of an optimist but lets wait and see.

And to be honest until the past few years Hillary has not been a friend of the LGBT community. It wasn't until very recently that she supported gay marriage.

Anyway the Huffington Post is not a good source. It's an advocacy source for the left in the same way that BrietBart is an advocacy source for the right. I try to look at media from both the left and the right in order to understand both sides and avoid an echo chamber. There are well informed arguments to be made for or against immigration, or for and against free trade. There is little in the way of a legit argument against climate change so that's one area where i'm a staunch liberal. Same with LGBT rights. I am also upset that Trump was elected but Trump is not Hitler and it's not the end of the world. Hopefully we can channel some of that anger towards the 2018 midterm elections and take back congress.

Last edited:
So one guy I know on Facebook has informed me he voted for trump because we need to keep the Muslims out. I informed him of the first amendment.

So one guy I know on Facebook has informed me he voted for trump because we need to keep the Muslims out. I informed him of the first amendment.

Muslim's have been in America since George Washington. Unless Trump wants to unconstitutionally deport all of the Muslims currently in the country we will always have Muslims among us.

Well that was the exact promise he made to his supporters, so...

I'm also a gay man and I still hold out hope that Trump won't infringe on LGBT rights. He has not spoken much about the issue and he has held up a ram-bow flag before. Maybe i'm too much of an optimist but lets wait and see.

And to be honest until the past few years Hillary has not been a friend of the LGBT community. It wasn't until very recently that she supported gay marriage.

Anyway the Huffington Post is not a good source. It's an advocacy source for the left in the same way that BrietBart is an advocacy source for the right. I try to look at media from both the left and the right in order to understand both sides and avoid an echo chamber. There are well informed arguments to be made for or against immigration, or for and against free trade. There is little in the way of a legit argument against climate change so that's one area where i'm a staunch liberal. Same with LGBT rights. I am also upset that Trump was elected but Trump is not Hitler and it's not the end of the world. Hopefully we can channel some of that anger towards the 2018 midterm elections and take back congress.

Dude, it quotes ACTUAL tweets & hate crime incidents that happened YESTERDAY in the name of Trump. Day 1 of president-elect Trump. It's not a HuffPo fluff piece.

Anyway, the anti-LGBT groups are already giddy with discriminatory excitement: https://thinkprogress.org/trump-lgbt-brexit-effect-f4e62442e237#.i9i8hz4bi
*Yes, it's ThinkProgress, but again it's direct quotes from the sources (anti-LGBT organizations)

In an email release, NOM President Brian Brown called the election “a bright and exciting time for NOM.” The organization has been largely irrelevant since losing its fight against same-sex marriage over a year ago and widely mocked for its incessant and desperate fundraising requests. Now, Brown proclaimed, “our voice and our views matter to the incoming administration.”

Here are a few of the things they’re excited to work with the Trump White House to do:
  • Appoint Supreme Court justices who will reverse marriage equality and take other anti-LGBT positions, which Trump promised back in January he would do.
  • Rescind all of President Obama’s executive actions protecting LGBT people, including nondiscrimination protections for federal contractors and all of the guidance protecting transgender workers and students under federal law, which Vice President-elect Mike Pence promised a month ago the Trump administration would do.
  • Pass the so-called Civil Rights Uniformity Act, which would ensure that no federal law offering protections on the basis of “sex” protects transgender people from discrimination.
  • Pass the so-called First Amendment Defense Act, a bill that would extend a nationwide license to businesses to deny service to same-sex couples, which Trump said back in September he’d sign.
  • Codify the Russell Amendment, which would further allow for any federal contractor or recipient of federal funding to discriminate against LGBT people.
  • Resume U.S. aid to countries that openly oppress their LGBT citizens.
    “Repeal and replace” Obamacare, including its protections for transgender people and women to access appropriate care.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm seeing increasingly awful things from certain people.

Trump is supported by the KKK. That dosn't mean that he wants to bring back Jim Crow laws or tolerate lynching. Trump is far to the right on some issues however taking statements from his most radical supporters and using that as Trump's intentions dosn't make sense. I don't think most of his supporters approve of violence against gays and I don't think Trump does either.

Trump is supported by the KKK. That dosn't mean that he wants to bring back Jim Crow laws or tolerate lynching. Trump is far to the right on some issues however taking statements from his most radical supporters and using that as Trump's intentions dosn't make sense. I don't think most of his supporters approve of violence against gays and I don't think Trump does either.

I most emphatically do not approve of violence towards anyone. I am just one person, but would vehemently oppose any action that is a step backwards in regards to LGBT or Women's rights.

I most emphatically do not approve of violence towards anyone. I am just one person, but would vehemently oppose any action that is a step backwards in regards to LGBT or Women's rights.

And you represent a moderate voter that trump would need if he wants any chance of winning reelection. And let's be real trump will say or do anything if he thought it would increase his chances of staying in power.

Last edited:
A dude at work was watching Alex Jones on break. The things were being said were absurd. We made an oath to protect the constitution with our lives, when they started railing on how we will return to our roots as a "Christian nation" I couldn't stay silent anymore, I said we are a secular nation, and the dude watching tried arguing this with me. I absolutely will not tolerate this rewriting of the constitution that is happening. I am sworn to guard it with my life. This will always be where I draw the line.

I just hope that we're celebrating a Elizabeth Warren victory on Boston Common in four years.

So basically, my new thing is challenging people to read these documents that serve as the very soul of our nation.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs

" A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people." - the declaration of independence.

Chelsea Clinton being groomed to run for Congress
(They just won't go away) Gee why shouldn't Chelsea Clinton be voting on laws & Regulations since she has such a great understanding on the working class of America.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clinton-being-groomed-to-run-for-congress/

The Clinton Foundation will dry up if they don't get somebody in office right away.

Elizabeth Warren is truly a hypocrite quack who claims she is against the bankers but supports a presidential nominee that basically supported Wall Street.
E.Warren is Phony: Will support anybody or anything to being more powerful. She is truly pathetic typical politician.

Also already worried about who TRUMP is looking for secretary of treasury Jamie Dimon (Just another corrupt soul)
Looks like TRUMP is more of the same- I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back