270 Third St - 75&125 Binney | East Cambridge (née Mega-Lab)

Re: Mega-Lab in East Cambridge

What do you think of this wood paneling?

nEXEM9W.jpg

Welllll there's only three panels up but I'll bite. I'm getting flashbacks to '70s rec rooms... or Wisconsin, since they never left the '70s.

Whoa... That looks like a refugee from a 1960s office park.

It's so 1966 it hurts.

They are being so cute with the offset windows and the retro 1960's exterior. I heard that Baybank and Digital Equipment Corp are their first tenants.

I was guessing that. Didn't see it in the article however. Maybe I didn't read it all....

"The consultants and state officials working with Baxter have dubbed their effort “Project Tiger,” because the company has yet to inform its workforce outside of Chicago."

I'm a little confused though because it was originally reported Project Tiger involved an international company who was looking to relocate its US HQ, and it was strongly speculated to be Bayer. Maybe the similarities of Bayer/Baxter through someone off somewhere in the chain of information?

Bayer supposedly was/is looking for 400,000 sq ft. Baxter half that. It seems like they are trying to get Aveo to move from 650 East Kendall into Ariad's sub-lease opportunity, the GSF seems to be about the same, and Baxter would then move into 650 E. Kendall. That would be a fairly quick move, involving no new construction.

Bayer supposedly was/is looking for 400,000 sq ft. Baxter half that. It seems like they are trying to get Aveo to move from 650 East Kendall into Ariad's sub-lease opportunity, the GSF seems to be about the same, and Baxter would then move into 650 E. Kendall. That would be a fairly quick move, involving no new construction.
Plenty of lab Reno/fit out tho. That's my lifeblood.

You'd never guess those photos were taken in Cambridge!
Surface parking
Sprawing lawn
Low rise generic landscraper

The scene looks plucked right off of Rt 128 in a corporate office park.

Back